Chapter 21

Jeongyeon's expression became stoic. Her eyes turned cold as she looked at Nayeon. A few seconds later, she stood up and looked away as she went to the corner.

"Please have her leave."

All of them were shocked. Even the maid who was pinning Nayeon down lost her grip on the poor girl as they sat up. Mr. Yoo and Jin looked at Nayeon with pity while Nayeon was staring at Jeongyeon's back.

The maid snapped out of her trance and grabbed Nayeon's arm, forcing her to go out of the dining room. "Alright, let's get you out of here, miss."

"N-no! Jeongyeon-ah, please!" The maid continued to drag her when Jin stepped in.

"No, wait! She's an acquaintance of mine." Jin stood up and rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled. "I apologize for the sudden outburst, but would you allow me to handle things here? Please excuse us for a moment." He politely said to the maid and she obliged.

Jin quickly went to help Nayeon get up. Nayeon's eyes were still glued at Jeongyeon's back as the latter was still standing on the corner with her arms crossed, her back facing everyone. Jin excused themselves from the dining room and guided Nayeon out. Nayeon met Mr. Yoo's eyes and her father nodded assuringly.

~~~~

"Nayeon-ssi, I—"

"I'm sorry boss! I'm really sorry!" Nayeon dipped her head down into a ninety-degree bow while Jin was caught off guard.

"H-huh?"

"It might cause you trouble, but... I need to tell Jeongyeon something no matter what!"

"Seokjin-ssi, I don't have anything to say to her. I would really like her to leave." A voice, Jeongyeon, was heard from inside the dining room. Jeongyeon was obviously behind the door eavesdropping on Nayeon and Jin.

"Jeongyeon-ah..."

Without hesitation, Jin opened the door, revealing Jeongyeon, who was holding her chest and looked really anxious. Jeongyeon was startled because of that. For the second time that night, Nayeon and Jeongyeon's eyes met. But this time, no one dared to break the stares.

It was the first time Nayeon had observed Jeongyeon again after three years. Nothing much changed. She just looked matured and thinner. Other than that, Jeongyeon still had her sharp jawline, small face, and gorgeous facial features, with her usual facial expression. Her hair was indeed shorter than what she had in high school, resting right below her shoulder, and was now dyed dark brown.

Nayeon smiled, "Jeongyeon-ah...," she called again and Jeongyeon finally looked away.

"Jeongyeon-ssi, I know it's been years but I know you've been waiting for this. Your sister is now here, finally have the determination to talk to you and see you again." Jeongyeon turned to Jin and she saw him smile. "I will give you two time to talk, so... will you please her out?"

Jeongyeon looked down, out of options, and nodded. She can't run away from Nayeon anymore. She expected Nayeon to come to her, but she didn't expect that it would happen after she decided to rush her wedding. She haven't prepared herself for that moment. The moment when Nayeon wants to talk to her again. But she don't know if Nayeon still wants her back.

~~~~

They were at the balcony of Jeongyeon's room. Jeongyeon was standing while resting her hand in the railings as she admires the view of the academy from their mansion. Nayeon was behind her, a distance away, observing how the latter's medium length hair flew on her side because of the wind.

They were out there for roughly ten minutes but no one dared to speak. It was a deafening silence, so Nayeon decided to talk first. She took a deep breath and called the younger girl as she took a step forward, "Jeongyeo—"