Chapter 7

What Nayeon wants it to get connected to Jeongyeon's heart more. The same night, she made sure that the younger girl is sound asleep before sneaking out of their bed. She grabbed her phone and turned her flashlight on as she was finding a strip of paper. After finding one, she carefully sat down on the floor on Jeongyeon's side of the bed and poked her arm. Jeongyeon didn't emit a reaction, indicating that she's really fell asleep deeply.

"Excuse me for juuust a sec..." Nayeon whispered as she lifted the younger girl's ring finger and slipped the strip of paper, obviously measuring Jeongyeon's ring size. She folded the paper in Jeongyeon's size and grabbed another one to measure her own. "Fuck this enormous hands. Her ring finger has the same size as my pinky!?" She whisper-yelled as she cursed on her own big hands.

Nayeon got startled when Jeongyeon groaned and shifted her position as she faced the ceiling. "Mmh... don't... interrupt..." She mumbled and groaned, but was still asleep.

Nayeon held her mouth as she prevented herself from chuckling. She's angry even in her dreams. "Maybe I should measure her left hand,too..." She mumbled and giggled as she proceeded to grab Jeongyeon's left hand and measured her finger, well, just because. This scene has happened many times when they were sleeping. Nayeon is a light sleeper, that's why a little shift from Jeongyeon would wake her up. She would always hear the younger girl mutter something, probably in her dream, and she finds it cute. The little sister and girlfriend that I love so much... is being cute again tonight.

~~~~

"Thank you for coming!" Nayeon enthusiastically beamed as she greeted their last customer for the day an energetic goodbye. She decided to apply on a part time job as a waitress at a cafe close to her hometown's train station, secretly, to save money and buy that couple ring she eyed at the online shop.

Their uniform consists of white button-up polo and black vest with the cafe's logo with a black bow tie paired with their own choice of bottoms. Nayeon wore her black knee-length skirt and white Nike shoes as her bottoms.

"You're always full of energy, Im Nayeon-ssi." Her co-worker slash owner of the cafe, Kim Seokjin, remarked and smiled as he continued to clean the counter.

"You bet, boss! It seems like my only talent is being energetic!" She joked and they both laughed as they continued cleaning.

"I'm glad to have energetic people in the cafe like you, Nayeon-ssi. It really makes the atmosphere much brighter." Jin said and smiled.

"Well, I'm trying to save money from this part time job that's why I'm putting all my energy into doing my best!" Nayeon said as she grabbed the empty cups and plates from the table of their last customer and handed it to Jin.

"Is it because there's something you want?" He asked as he took the tray from Nayeon and put it in the dishwasher.

"Ah, you're really going to ask me that, boss?" She teased and chuckled as she proceeded to wipe the table from where the empty cups and plates were from. "Actually,... there's a person that I like whom I want to give matching rings to.

"Uhuh, matching rings, huh? That's nice." Jin said as he nodded his head. "But say, are you going to be the one who will give it to them?"

Nayeon turned to him and confusedly raised an eyebrow. "Huh? That's... right...? What's wrong about it?"

"Ah! Oh my god, I'm sorry. I just thought girls nowadays are headstrong." He commented that made Nayeon even more confused, until she shrugged it off. It took her a few more minutes to realize what he meant.

Oh! He thought that the person I like is a boy! She chuckled to herself and finished what she's doing.

"Well, don't mind that. I think it's great that you have a goal. Good luck with that!" He cheered.