Chapter 10//I love you

{{Loki POV}}

I feel my cheeks heat up, and I bow my head, trying to hide my smile. "Looks like that went well." Natasha says, walking in. "Oh my god. When do you ever not spy on other people?" I say. "When I'm asleep?" Natasha says. I roll my eyes, picking up my book. I hear a crash from down the hall, then a loud yell. I run down the hall, Natasha right behind me. "Dammit, Lady!" Ellie says, laughing. "What happened?" I say. "Lady jumped out of my arms, and I fell into the wall. I'm fine, it just startled me." Ellie says, putting her hand to her chest. Ellie shakes her head, walking towards me. Ellie stands on her toes, ruffling my hair, making my cheeks burn. "It's adorable how concerned you are, Loki." Ellie says. Natasha clears her throat, and Ellie turns her head so fast, I think she cricked it. "Hey Ellie. Are you sure you're good?" Natasha says, as a blush crawls up Ellie's face. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'll just let Lady walk from now on." Natasha nods, winking at me before walking off.

Ellie's eyes widen, her lips pressed into a tight line. "So." Ellie says. "I love you." I blurt out, then curse myself. "I- what?" Ellie says.

{{Ellie POV}}

"I love you." Loki blurts out, catching me off guard. "I- what?" I say, confused if he means it or not. "I mean, it's complicated. I totally get it if you-" Loki says, and I cut him off. "I love you too, dofus." I say, smiling. I feel Loki kiss my forehead, making my temperature rise slightly. My smile widens, I feel so giddy. "Can't believe I made the famous 'God of Mischief' tongue tied." I joke. "Well-" "Nope. Not up for discussion." I say, walking away, hearing footsteps behind me. "Oh come on, princess." I hear Loki say. I shake my head, and feel a hand stopping me. "I want to show you something." Loki says quietly. I nod, knowing he'd find a way to describe it. "Come on, let's go find Thor." Loki says. "Why do we need to find Thor?" I ask, my hand in Loki's as we walk down the halls. "I'm going to turn him into a dog." Loki whispers in my ear, making me laugh. "Okay. That'd be funny." I say. "THOR!" Loki yells. I hear the thundering footsteps of Thor, waiting for the magic trick.

"What is it? Did someth- ruff!" I laugh, hearing Loki laugh too. I hear Thor barking like crazy, and hear the running footsteps of everybody. "Why is there a dog in the tower?" I hear Tony say. I smile, trying to hold a laugh in, but failing. "What did he do, Ellie?" Tony says, and I shrug. "Come here, Thor!" I say, sitting down. I hear the click of claws on the floor, feeling a wet nose on my face. "Hey, buddy!" I say, scratching Thor the dog's chin. "Don't look at me like that!" I hear Loki say, then I hear him yelp, Thor growling. "Oh, calm down." I say. Ruff! I smile, shrugging. "You turned Thor into a dog?" I hear Clint say. "I don't know, did I?" Loki says.

{{Loki POV}}

"I don't know, did I?" I say, watching Ellie play with Thor. "Why?" Stark says, and I shrug, smiling. "For fun?" I suggest, and hear groans, watching everybody walk away. Ruff! Thor barks. I roll my eyes, turning him back into a human. Ellie yelps, laughing. "That was funny!" Ellie says, as I help her up. "Indeed it was, Ellie." I say, earning a frown. "That was not funny, brother." Thor says, I roll my eyes, jabbing him in the stomach. "Why you-" Thor says, when Ellie jabs me in the chest. "What are you up to?" she says, her eyes narrowed. "I'm not up to anything." I say, confused. I see a small smile on Ellie's face, and she stands on her toes, whispering in my ear, "I like snakes." I smile, transforming myself into a snake.

{{Ellie POV}}

"I like snakes." I whisper in Loki's ear. I feel a woosh, and suddenly Loki is no longer standing beside me. "Where'd he go?" I say, spinning around, confused. "He's by your feet." Thor says, and I feel something climbing up my leg. To say it didn't unsettle me at least a tiny bit would be lying. "Loki?" I say, hearing a grunt from Thor. I laugh as the snake climbs higher, now on my arm. I feel the flicker of a small tongue on my nose, making me laugh more. "You know, you can die from laughing too much." I say after I caught my breath. "You can?" I hear Thor say. I nod, feeling Loki the snake crawl off my arm. There's another woosh, and I feel Loki's hand in mine. "It would take a very extended period of time, like a whole day for it to happen, though." I said. "Why would you know that?" Loki asks. "I used to listen to the news when my- when my mother would watch it, and they had some weird news sometimes." I say. Everything goes silent for a minute, and I start tapping my foot on the floor just to make some kind of noise.

{{Loki POV}}

"I used to listen to the news when my- when my mother would watch it, and they had some weird news sometimes." Ellie says, and I nod. Everything goes quiet for a few seconds, and then Ellie starts tapping her foot on the floor. "What are you doing?" I ask, watching Thor walk off. "Tapping my foot on the floor. Duh." Ellie says, her eyes rolling. "You do know that you can roll your eyes, and you did just now." I inform her. "No, I did not know that." Ellie says. "What I meant was why are you tapping your foot on the ground?" I say. "I just don't like silence." Ellie says, a thought popping in her head.

She was always at the edge of the silence.

I ignore it, knowing she wouldn't be happy if she knew that I heard that. "Sooooo, what do you want to do?" I ask. "Hmm." Ellie says, most likely thinking. "How about you tell me what the stars look like?" Ellie says, breaking my heart again, with how little she knew about the beauty of everything. Mrooooow. "Lady!" Ellie says, a smile on her face. "Looks like she's got something." I say, watching as Lady sits, opening her mouth, and a pen comes out, along with tentacles. "Oh my-" I say, facepalming. "That is not a cat." I mutter. "Then what is she?" Ellie asks. "First, don't let Lady scratch you, ok?" Ellie nods, and I sigh.

"We need to find out who found Lady, and where." I say, grabbing Ellie's hand. "Ok, you're scaring me. What's wrong with my cat?" Ellie asks.

{{Ellie POV}}

"We need to find out who found Lady, and where." Loki says, grabbing my hand. "Ok, you're scaring me. What's wrong with my cat?" I ask. "It's not a cat. It's a flerken." Loki says. "Mmmm-hmmmm." I say, not believing him. My feet leave the ground for a split second, before they hit the ground again. "Don't do that, whatever that was." I say, bending over and laying on the floor. "I feel like I'm gonna puke now." "Sorry princess." Loki says.

*don't be surprised if I bring in a certain furry animal that we all love*