Chapter 17//Terrified

{{Timeskip//Ellie POV}}

"Let- me- go!" I scream, kicking my feet and trying to tug my arms out of what was binding me to the chair. "You- fat- bastards!"

I growl, still not able to reach the heat that was simmering just below the surface, just barely beyond reach. I feel tears slipping down my face, but I don't care. I shake my head, feeling my hair flying in my face.

"Shut your mouth." I hear somebody say, and I snap at them.

I don't want to be here. It's too similar to before. Way too similar. It smells almost the exact same, and everything is echoing just like it did before. It's the same silence, the same sense of danger, the same sense of always being watched, judged. The same sense of being stalked like prey.

"If you don't shut up right now, I'll put a bullet in your head. I bet your lover would love to see that." I feel the blood drain from my face, and hear a cruel laugh.

"Or maybe I'll snap that pretty little neck of yours. That sounds like fun." I bite my tongue, and soon the metallic taste of blood fills my mouth.

I smile, letting the blood dribble out of my mouth and down my chin. I hear the person sigh, then roughly shove a rag in my mouth.

I spit it out, growling. "You'll never-" I get cut off by a slap to my face, causing me to screech.

"Shut up!" the person yells, and I shrink.

"He'll find me, and he'll get me out of here while you die." I say quietly, and hear the person growl before I hear the slam of a door.

I scream, trying to get out of the chair, but only managing to knock it and myself over. I sob, letting my head fall onto the floor, terrified.

Over the next few days or weeks, I get moved from place to place, and get ignored, no matter how much I scream and cry.

I start hearing whispers of attacks, everybody slaughtered after we leave. I have my hopes of who it was, but they started clearing everybody out when we changed locations.

Today was going to be no different, or so I thought.

"I'm tired of hearing you scream and cry everyday. Just shut your mouth!" I shrug, having found out I could still do that.

"Well maybe you should have thought this through. I'm going to be the biggest pain in the ass until you either let me go or I get rescued." I say, adding sweetness to my voice.

"You open your mouth one more time, and I'll make sure you don't wake up until next week." the guard says, and I spit at them.

"Fuck you."

I hear footsteps leaving the room, and I relax for a second, before they come back in. I feel something get snapped around my neck, and I shake my head, trying to get it off.

"That's not coming off, sweetheart. I told you to shut up, but you didn't listen." the guard says, then I hear a small click.

Not even a second later, I feel electricity flowing through my body, and I scream. The more I scream, the more it hurts, but I keep screaming and crying until my throat feels like it's been ripped to shreds. I let my tears flow down my face, my chest heaving, and my throat burning.

My neck feels raw, like somebody decided to burn the area all around it, and I let my head hang limp. I can barely breathe, and can't even move.

"Let that be a lesson, wetch. You say anything, and I'll shock you so much you won't be able to speak anymore."

I let my sobs take over me, a sense of hopelessness engulfing me.

{{Timeskip//Loki POV}}

I look at the locket in my hand, feeling tears gathering in my eyes. I hear a knock on the door, and I quickly wipe my face and put the locket in my pocket before getting up off the floor. I look at the scattered things around my room, everything thrown everywhere, nothing in its place.

I open the door, seeing Thor. I slam the door in his face, scowling, only for the door to be reopened by Thor.

"This isn't healthy for you, brother."

I spin around, glaring at Thor.

"How do you know what is healthy for me? You're not even my brother." I hiss, and Thor takes a step back.

"Loki-"

"Get out."

"Loki-"

"GET OUT!" I yell, and go to push Thor, but he just pulls me in.

"Get off me, you thundering moronic oaf!" I yell, squirming, but Thor just keeps squeezing me.

"Not until you calm down, brother."

"You're not my brother!" I keep squirming, feeling tears welling in my eyes.

"We'll always be brothers, Loki."

I feel the tears start streaming down my face, and I break down, sobbing.

{{Timeskip//Ellie POV}}

I curl into a ball in the back of the vehicle, trying to stifle the sounds of my crying. My body aches, and I just want to go home.

The vehicle stops, and I shove my hand in my mouth.

"Get up, little wetch."

I uncurl myself, and slowly pick my head up. I feel my arm being grabbed, then I get yanked out of the car. I follow, terrified.

I sit down on the hard floor, the cement freezing. I bite the inside of my lip, not hard enough to bring blood, but just enough for it to hurt.

"Now, you listen, and you listen good. Any information on the Avengers, any weaknesses, any favorite spots to frequent, anything, and maybe we'll let you live." I shake my head, stubborn.

I knew that I'd probably get even more shocks, but I wasn't about to betray my family.

I hear a click, and feel the thing around my neck unlock and fall to the ground.

Before I can think to move, I feel a hand around my neck, shoving my head into a tub of water. I hold my breath, and only try to come up for air when I feel like I'm about to pass out, but my head just gets shoved back under before I can get a breath.

After a few more seconds, I feel the pressure on the back of my neck let up, and I pull my head out of the water, gasping. I spit up water, choking on it. I curl into a ball, feeling tears in my eyes.

After a minute, I slowly uncurl myself, then pick my head up. "I'm not telling you shit. I won't betray my family like that, even if it means I die."

"So be it." I get shoved back into the water, and instead of struggling this time, I let my body go limp. After a few seconds, I'm hauled out of the water, and I gasp again.

This gets repeated several times, so many times that I think I'll actually die if it happens again. I curl into a ball, my tears mixing with the water droplets on my face. I hear footsteps leave the room, and I scream, terrified and alone. And I thought that before I became part of the Avengers was bad...

This is much worse. So much worse. I sob, holding my head in my hands and covering my ears.

I am so so so so sorry for what's coming. I'm so very sorry.