Chapter 16//Taken

{{Loki POV}}

    Something was wrong. I could feel it. I pick my head up, looking around. Something felt off, but I couldn't place the feeling. I try to think of what could be wrong, having forgotten we were in the middle of a fight. I get punched in the face, and grunt before stabbing my dagger into the monster's face, making it scream.

    Only seconds later, I hear something over the comms that makes me freeze.

    "Sir, there has been a break in at the tower."

    I hear Stark curse, then see him fly past me, back towards the jet.

    "I think it was a set up, Sir. They have taken Miss Jones."

    I blanche, then start running towards the jet, seeing Thor fly past me. Seems like I wasn't the only one who heard.

    Only minutes later, we are in the air, flying as fast as possible back to the tower. I pace back and forth, seeing Thor, his eyes tracking my movements. I clutch at the bracelet Ellie had given me, rubbing my fingers back and forth along the surface.

    "Loki, sit down."

I glare at Thor, and he puts his hands up. I continue my pacing, anxious to see what I would find.

I see a vase, laying on the floor in hundreds of pieces. I hear loud mrows coming from behind a door, and I quickly open it up, seeing Lady, clawing at the door.

Lady streaks out of the room, and I run after her, following her down the hall, all the way to the living room.

I see several things scattered around the room on the floor, one of them being the necklace I had given Ellie. I slowly walk over, then pick up the necklace. I see the small door of the locket had been broken, the hinges bent, the door crooked.

I close my eyes, balling my hands into fists, the necklace still in my hand.

"Brother-" I hear Thor's voice, and I feel a tear slip down my cheek. I quickly rub my face, feeling my anger rising in my chest.

"They knew about the locket." I say, hearing how quiet my voice was, how loaded with venom it was. "I didn't tell her anything about the locket, yet they knew."

"Brother-" I whirl around, feeling my heart break.

"She's been taken." I say, practically tasting the vile words.

*Sorry for the short chapter!*