Chapter 12//Fire alarms

{{Loki POV}}

    I sit in the car, waiting as Stark gets out, going into the school. A few minutes go by, and then Stark comes out, a soaking wet Ellie behind him. "What happened?" Stark asks when they get in the car. "Somebody took my bottle of water, dumping it over my head. He picked a fight, so I ended it." Ellie says, as the car heats up and the water starts to disappear. "And how did you do that?" I ask. "Smacked him as hard as I could with my cane." Ellie says, turning around. "On the first day, Ellie?" Stark asks. "It's not my fault! He took the bottle out of my hands and poured it over my head!" Ellie says. "Could we save the questions for later?" I ask, sweating. That can't be good.

    After we get back to the tower, Ellie calms down, her temperature dropping to normal. "You good?" I ask. "Yeah. I'm fine." Ellie says. "Ok." Ellie smiles, grabbing my hand. "I honestly did not think that staying up would be this hard." Ellie says. I kiss the top of her head, making her smile again. "I love you, Ellie." "I love you too, Loki." Ellie says.

{{Ellie POV}}

    Loki kisses the top of my head, making me smile. "I love you, Ellie." Loki says. "I love you too, Loki." I say. I hear the yells of everybody, knowing whatever they're fighting about must be serious to make them yell like that. Loki and I walk in, and the yelling stops promptly. "You were soaking wet five minutes ago. What happened?" Tony says. "I dried myself off. Oh, and I owe somebody $20." I say. "Oh really?" Natasha says. "Yeah. It's only because I share basically every class with him. He's really nice." I say. "Oh yeah?" Loki says, and I nudge him. "I told you it would be better to homeschool her." Steve says. "Oh yeah? Who would stay with her and teach her when we all had to go on a mission? Hmmm?" Tony says. "Oh my god. This is going to get petty." I mutter, facepalming.

    "Unless you're actually going to talk to me, I'm going to go to my room and figure out how to do my homework." I say, shrugging my bag off my shoulder into my hand. "Homework? On the first day of school?" Tony asks, and I nod. I walk to my room, hearing footsteps following me. "What do you want?" I ask, stopping. "How are you going to do your homework?" Loki asks. I shrug, hearing him laugh. "Would you like some help, darling?" I nod quickly, not even having to think about it.

    About 2 hours later, I come out of my room, frustrated. "I've got a god who doesn't understand the words on the paper, and then there's the problem of me not being able to see it!" I say, practically yelling. "Darling, calm down." Loki says, running after me. "Don't tell me to calm down!" I yell. "Sorry, I'm just frustrated." I say almost immediately. "It's ok, darling." Loki says.

{{Loki POV}}

    "Darling, calm down." I say, running after Ellie. "Don't tell me to calm down!" Ellie yells. "Sorry, I'm just frustrated." Ellie says almost immediately. "It's ok, darling." I say. "It's just so frustrating, because I missed so much education. My mother only taught me the basics, thinking that I wouldn't live long enough to use anything more than that." Ellie says, frowning. "How about we get some help from somebody else?" I suggest, and Ellie perks up at that. "Ok, let me just go grab the papers." Ellie says. "Don't worry, I'll get it." I say, as the papers appear in my hand. "You're the sweetest." Ellie says, smiling. "Only for you." I say, earning a chaste kiss on the cheek from Ellie, making me blush. "Ok, so what's the assignment on the top of the stack?" Ellie asks, her eyebrows drawing together. "I believe it is- yes, it says science." I say. "Well, then off to Tony and Bruce."

    We arrive in the labs a few minutes later, and I stand by the door, while Ellie gets help on her homework. "Thanks so much." Ellie says about an hour later, grabbing her paper and pencil. "Ok, what's next?" "Uhmmm, math." "Ughh. I hate math." Ellie says, scowling. "To do math, you have to actually see the signs. I know how to do it, but it's worse because when you try to put it into a text to speech, it comes out all jumbled."