[𝟖] 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

𝐒𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐤, 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

You sat on the benches tying up your skates, you were supposed to be at work today but you called in sick and you felt bad about doing so because you had two clients to see today.

You just couldn't bring yourself to go in today, you weren't even sick but you had a weird pit in the bottom of your stomach and the thought of staying home all day sounded wonderful but in reality it was the worst thing right now.

"How's your routine coming along?" Colt asked as he skated around on the ice, he was just messing around doing some tricks.

"It's almost finished" you stood up from the bench and took off the ice guards before carefully walking towards the rink "I just have a few things to add in"

Colt gave you his usual warm smile "You have nothing to worry about (y/n) because I know it will be perfect"

It was like Colt could read your mind at times, he always knew when you weren't feeling confident about your routine and he made sure to do everything to help you feel confident.

"Colt, I have a question" you said as you started to slowly skate around the rink, you had already practiced some of your routine earlier so now you were just taking a break sort of.

"Mhm?" he mumbled as he waited for you to speak.

"And no sugar coating your answer okay?" you pointed your finger at him and a cheeky smile rose on his face, he held his hands up playfully in defence because he had a tendency to sugar coat answers.

You extended your arms out and did a small jump before landing back onto the ice "Do you think i'm self absorbed?" you asked.

Since the word left Jean's mouth yesterday they had just been constantly replaying in your head.

Colt paused for a moment and cocked his head to the side, he had skated over to the side and was now leaning against the barrier "Are we talking about this moment of time? Or just as a whole?" he asked.

You stopped for a moment to look at him "Both?" you shrugged.

He slowly nodded his head and placed his hand on his chin to show that he was clearly thinking about this question "Do you think you're self absorbed?" he asked.

You let out a sigh "Colt please don't turn this into a therapy session" you said with a small laugh.

"I'm not!" he laughed "I just want to know whether you think you're self absorbed then I'll give you my answer"

You took in a deep breath and slowly started to skate towards the male "I don't think I am but there's a lot of things I don't think I am yet I am, I don't purposely go out of my way to be self absorbed but that doesn't mean i'm not doing it"

Colt gave you an understanding expression and slowly nodded his head "I've known you for what? thirteen years now?"

You nodded your head "You've never been self absorbed but..." he paused and turned to look you in the eye.

"Since Carson you've changed" you raised your brow at the male in confusion.

"But i'm not saying it was a bad change, however you are like a closed book now so I can see why someone thinks you're self absorbed but personally I don't think you are" Colt gave you a smile but your question was still unanswered.