[𝟐𝟓] 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐧?

Author's Note - [Bon Appétit ;)]

[𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨]

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦, 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞

"Give me your foot" Jean said as he was down on one knee.

Jean tried to grab her foot but she refused and kept moving it out of his reach, she started to laugh at Jean's frustration but Jean couldn't be mad at her "Lya, please give me your foot"

"No!" she giggled as she tried to crawl away from Jean.

She was sitting on the bed so she turned her body around and started crawling up the bed but Jean wrapped his hand around her leg and dragged her back to him making the small girl laugh.

"This is not play time Lya, you need to get your shoes on otherwise we'll be late" he explained, he had her shoes next to him and Laurent should have been the one doing this considering the fact that Lya was his kid but as usual he was nowhere to be seen.

Jean loved Lya just as if she was his own kid but at times she did frustrate him which is why he was happy she wasn't actually his kid because he could always give her back to Lili however, Jean was extremely patient with her.

"Uncle Jean I don't want a new daddy" a frown was present on her face as she looked at him.

"Oh Lya" he leaned forward to hug the blonde-haired girl and she wrapped her small arms around his neck "you're not getting a new daddy, Laurent will always be your dad"

"But once mummy marries Emile he'll be my daddy" she said expressing her concerns.

"Think of it this way, grand-père isn't my dad he's my stepdad meaning that I have two dads who love me equally as much so just because mummy is marrying Emile doesn't mean Laurent will be replaced it just means you'll have another person in your life who loves you as much as we all do" Jean playfully pinched her cheeks making her laugh.

"But I don't like Emile, why can't you be my daddy?" she said with a smile on her face.

Jean's eyes widened at her suggestion "yeah it doesn't work like that" he said with a small laugh.

"But why don't you like Emile?" he questioned and while Lya was focused on him, he managed to put her shoes on.

"He shouts a lot" she leaned over to grab her bunny rabbit toy.

"What do you mean Lya?" Jean's face was laced with confusion.

"He shouts at mummy and me and one time I was upstairs and I hear shouting so I go down the stairs and I see Emile and mummy play fighting" Jean's face dropped once he knew what Lya was referring to.

"Was mummy crying Lya?" he asked as he had his hands on her knees.

She nodded her head "a lot and she wouldn't stop"

Jean's chest felt heavy as he stood up from the floor "come, let's go see grand-mere and grand-pere"

He helped Lya off of the bed and held his hand out so that she could grab it "uncle Jean?"

"Yes, Lya?" The two of them walked out of the room.

"When will you get married?" she asked as she looked up at him.

The two of them walked across the large hallway, all the immediate family was staying in the hotel of the venue where the wedding was taking place and the wedding wasn't for a while but Lili wanted to get photos taken with everyone.