Chapter 21

A/N: So, I thought about rewriting this too, but then I really thought about it. I already have a lot to do and this story isn't half bad [it's definitely not good, but I've definitely written worse]. So, I'll just do some editing here and there, so if you see any changes, that's why. 

Also, hello! I'm here! I'm back! I might disappear again if I get too busy but I'll come back again!

~~~~

"Hmm," Y/n hummed, looking himself over in the mirror.

He felt that something was off. He reached up and fixed his hair a little more. Still, he was left unsatisfied. Ms. Kurokami, who had just arrived, looked toward the (h/c)-ette. She immediately walked over.

He turned in her direction when he heard her footsteps approach him. She looked over him before reaching out and adjusting his hair, then took off the bow tie they had given him.

"There. Look now, darling."

Y/n did as told and looked over himself once again. Now, he was satisfied. "Much better. The bow tie was the problem."

"Right? It ruined the overall look."

Ms. Kurokami looked around but didn't see a certain someone. "Darling, has you know who been bothering you again?"

The (h/c)-ette sighed and looked at his manager. "Wouldn't you like to know what a pain in the ass they are."

"Do you want it handled or are you alright?"

"It's fine. So far, nothing else has happened. But... I'll let you know if anything else comes up."

Ms. Kurokami crossed her arms over her chest. "Good. The last thing that's needed is problems."

Then, she took note of Iwaizumi's absence. "By the by, is Iwaizumi almost finished?"

Y/n nodded. "Yeah. He's getting some finishing touches."

"Excellent! Then, I'll see you on the set."

With that, Mrs. Kurokami walked away, leaving him to his own thoughts. Although Celeste's absence should've brought him piece of mind, it brought him anything but. 

Instead, he was worrying over whether she was really planning something else. Something stupid, but still planning something.

He just hoped it wouldn't be something that would stir up the water in his and Hajime's relationship. He was soon comforted by the presence of his lover, who was finally finished. Hajime walked toward Y/n sort of awkwardly, it made the other stifle a laugh.

"Why are you walking like that?"

"I'm not used to wearing this kind of stuff," he said, referring to the very very expensive suit they had put him in. "If I mess this up at all, I'll have to sell my own soul to pay for it."

Y/n chuckled and stepped closer, fixing the tie. "Well, we'll just have to get this shoot over with quickly."

"You're too close."

Y/n's smile faltered as he laid his head on Hajime's shoulder. The other jolted at the sudden action, taken by surprise. "Could I ask you to stick by my side today...?" the (h/c)-ette whispered.

"Seriously... What's with you all of a sudden...?" Hajime asked, his face warm.

Before Y/n could answer, they were called out to by one of the staff, saying the set was ready. The (h/c)-haired male backed away and flashed Hajime a smile.

"Come on."

They made their way over to the set. Y/n's eyes widened when he saw Celeste standing in the corner, her gaze on the floor. "Iwaizumi," the director called. "Could I have you step over here?"

Hajime glanced toward the (h/c)-ette, who motioned him to go over there. Once Y/n was left standing alone, a certain photographer came his way. "Shimizu."

Christian stood beside him, talking quietly. "I know it's technically none of my business, but I wanted to warn you."

Y/n's chest started to feel heavy, anticipating something bad was going to happen. "I haven't seen Celeste this quiet since I first met her. So, I think that you should be extra careful. Who knows what she might try to pull."

The taller male nodded. "Yeah... I figured as much."

"No matter what, trust your partner. I know that's not a problem for you, but still. I can't exactly read her mind, so I don't know if she's given up or not."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

"They asked that I take some shots of the two of you. As much as I denied the request, they insisted so. Be careful and stay on guard at all times."

That was the last thing Christian said before walking over to where his camera had been set up. Y/n sighed to himself, wanting to get the day over with already.

Can I go back to a time when I didn't have to worry about this girl?

And so, he was directed to pose a certain way with Celeste on the other side of him. He ensured that he kept a good distance from her, trying his best to focus on getting the desired pose. The shoot dragged on for what felt like hours before finally, his shots with Celeste ended.

The entire time, Celeste had neither done nor said anything. It truly made him wonder if what he had said to her worked. For the sake of his own heart and a desire for peace, he hoped it had worked.

His mood was lifted when he got to pose beside Hajime, who was still feeling weird in the suit. By the end of it, Hajime had walked briskly toward the dressing room, wanting to step out of the expensive and uncomfortable suit as soon as possible.

Y/n, on the other hand, was just a few feet behind him, starting to feel tired from standing and posing for so long. Just as he was heading toward his dressing room, he heard his name get called. 

Although he had hoped it wouldn't be who he thought, when he turned out, he found that was very wrong. There, just a few feet away from him, stood Celeste herself.

Meanwhile, Hajime was carefully undressing out of the suit. He sighed in relief when all the unnecessarily expensive clothing and accessories were off. He slipped into his normal clothes, already feeling ten times more comfortable.

Just as he had finished fixing his shirt, he heard a knock at his door. He wondered if perhaps it was one of the staff members, so he went over to open it. But, instead, he was met by Christian.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt."

"It's fine. I was done anyway," Hajime responded, wondering why Christian was there.

"Hey, uh... Can we talk? It won't take long."

"About what?"

"It's about...a certain girl."

Hajime immediately caught on. Though he was hesitant, he let Christian in. "So... What is it?"

"I'll get straight to the point. No matter what happens, please trust Shimizu," Christian said, his expression serious.

"What do you mean?"

"Celeste doesn't give up easily. Seems she's targeted Y/n this time and is doing everything she can to break the two of you apart."

At those words, Hajime's eyes widened.

Meanwhile...

"What is it? I thought I told you--"

"Why?"

Y/n was taken aback by her interruption. She lifted her head to look at him properly. Small tears were at the corners of her eyes.

"I've done everything I could to get you to look my way but you don't even spare me a glance!"

His eyes widened with every word, barely able to fully process it all.

"Everyone talks about how you're this gorgeous guy that will only date the very best! Am I not the best?!"

 "What--?"

Celeste ignored the tears, continuing to keep eye contact with the (h/c)-ette.

"Just what does he have that I don't?!"