Chapter 2*

A/N: C/N = Country name
It can be whatever you want

~~~~

"Tell us a little bit about yourself," the teacher said.

"Well, I moved back to here from (C/N)," Y/N responded. "I was doing some work abroad, but I caught a break and decided to finish out my last year back home."

"Very interesting. What kind of work do you do, Shimizu?"

"Oh, uh... Photography," the (h/c)-ette replied, hoping they'd believe the half-lie.

But though some, like the teacher, did believe it, others who knew better knew what his line of work really was. Rather than being behind the camera, Y/N Shimizu worked in front of it.

"That's a great line of work. I'm sure you've gotten to see a lot of different places."

"Thank you, sir."

The teacher nodded, then motioned towards a desk. "An empty desk has already been set out for you, so please have a seat next to Iwaizumi."

"Yes, sir," the (h/c)-ette answered as he walked down the aisle of desks.

Quiet whispers and squeals filled his ears as he passed by. But, he ignored them as though he hadn't heard and sat down. The teacher then resumed the lesson. Y/N noticed all the eyes on him, but he only turned to Iwaizumi, who had also been unknowingly staring. 

A smile tugged at the corners of Y/N's lips. "Hey. Nice to meet you, Iwa~"

Caught off guard, Iwaizumi didn't know how to respond. Y/N chuckled at how speechless he'd been left. 

"Sorry. You don't like that nickname? If not, do you mind telling me your name?"

Iwaizumi cleared his throat and 'tried' to regain his composure. "It's Iwaizumi Hajime."

"Oh," Y/N said in surprise before grinning. "So, you don't like being called 'Iwa'?"

"People... Don't usually call me that, so..."

"It's okay, I get it. Then... I'll call you Iwaizumi from now on."

Before either could say any more, the teacher turned away from the board and said, "Please turn to page 187 in your textbooks."

At that, the entire class grabbed their books from their bags. "Those closest to Shimizu, please share your textbook."

In that instant, he began getting bombarded with offers from multiple of his new classmates. "Shimizu, you're welcome to share with me--"

"No way, I'm sitting closest to him!"

Y/N sweat dropped at the situation. "Uh..."

This is... not good...

--

"Hey. Iwaizumi."

Iwaizumi looked up from his seat to see the person that had called for him. It was Y/N, who was staring down at him as he slung his bag over his shoulder. 

"Here's the notebook you let me borrow back."

"Oh... Thanks," Iwaizumi replied, accepting his notebook back from the (h/c)-ette.

"So, uh..."

The dark-haired ace waited for Y/N to finish his sentence. "You think you could show me around? If you're free."

"But... Aren't we starting our next class in a few minutes?"

"The teacher gave me permission and left it up to me and pick someone."