Chapter 5

Iwaizumi groaned to himself as he made his way to the classroom. He definitely did not want to be at school today. As he sat down, he heard some mutters from some of the girls in his class.

"Can you believe it? It's been two days since Shimizu has come to this school and he's already been asked out like 30 times."

"Well, can you really blame them? He's a really good-looking guy~"

"Right? I heard the recent issue he was featured in was sold out the second it came out."

So...he's that popular, huh? Figures... With him being a model and all...

"Aww~!! Hajime is so in love~! He's stuttering~! He finally found his mate~!!"

Right... If he's my mate as I suspect...

<Flashback>

"Hajime..."

"Mmn...~"

"You're so sexy...~ I want to hear you more...~"

"A-Alpha...~"

<End>

His face suddenly erupted red at the lewd thoughts.

What the actual fuck?! Why am I thinking about the fucker?!

"Oh, look! There he comes!"

He was suddenly snapped out his trance at their words. "Good morning, Shimizu-sama~", the two girls greeted in their annoying and fake voices.

He simply smiled to show he acknowledged them, but still walked past them. However, they didn't notice and squealed to themselves. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and turned his head, not wanting to look at him after what had happened yesterday. Y/n rose an eyebrow at this as he sat down.

"Something wrong, Iwaizumi?"

He didn't answer. "Hey... Did...something happen yesterday?"

Iwaizumi suddenly froze.

"Oh, Y/n~! Ah~, fuck~! I'm-- I'm g-gonna c-cum~!!"

"N...Nothing happened yesterday, you idiot!!", Iwaizumi yelled as he hit Y/n on the head.

Everyone who saw it gasped. "Iwaizumi...hit Shimizu."

Iwaizumi's eyes widened, realizing what he had done. Y/n sensed the atmosphere and began chuckling. "Oww~ You're so mean, Iwaizumi~"

Y/n stood up from his seat and flicked his forehead lightly, shocking Iwaizumi a little. The rest of the class turned back to what they were doing. "Hey. Don't get so worked up about it. It's fine if you don't wanna tell me."

"W...Whatever."

Y/n smiled to himself. "Such a tsundere... It's cute..."

"W-What did you say, you bastard?!"

He laughed. "Nothing, nothing."

"That's not what I heard! Don't call me cute!"

--

Iwaizumi cursed to himself as he walked beside Y/n.

I just have one question... Why the hell am I still sticking close to him?!

"Hey, Iwaizumi?"

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his deep, velvety voice. "You want a drink?"

"Huh? Sure..."

"Okay. I'll be right back."

Iwaizumi watched as he walked away, heading to the closest vending machine. He leaned against the wall, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Come on, Hajime. You're not being yourself. It's so obvious, Y/n noticed it first thing in the morning.

"Here."

He looked up to see Y/n holding out his favorite drink towards him. It didn't occur to him how Y/n knew what his favorite drink was and simply took it and opened it. Y/n opened his f/d and took a sip of it. Iwaizumi pulled his drink away from his mouth, deciding to ask something that's been on his mind lately.

"Hey...Shimizu?"

"Yeah?"

"How come...out of everyone else in this entire school...did you decide to hang out with me?"

"What's with that question?"

"Huh?"

Y/n looked at him with a grin and a raised eyebrow. "You ask why I'm hanging out with you? Simple. It's because...you're different."

Like in any cliche dramatic story, a sudden gush of wind blew, pushing Iwaizumi's hair a little, his eyes wide. "Everyone I've met so far...only admires me or wants to be friends with me because of my 'popularity'. There's nothing to it with them. But you...you're something special, Iwaizumi."

Iwaizumi's cheeks were adorned with a pink tint. He lowered his head a little, his hair shading his eyes. "W...What's with that...?"

"Hmm?", Y/n hummed before he chuckled at his embarrassment. "It means...I've taken a liking to you, Iwaizumi. You're one of a kind."

The slightly shorter male was at a loss for words. "D...Don't say things like that!!!"

*smack*

"Oww~!"

--

"I'm so jealous~", one girl whined as she watched Y/n and Iwaizumi walking out of the classroom together. "Shimizu's always hanging out with Iwaizumi."

"They've basically become best friends. It's like they've known each other for a long time."

"Right? I'm so jealous~ I wish I could be that close to Shimizu~"

"Quit whining. Let's just go to our clubs before we get in trouble."

"Hey. Iwaizumi."

He stopped walking, turning his head to look at Y/n. "See you later?"

He turned his head back around, feeling his heart accelerate in his chest. "Yeah..."

Iwaizumi walked away, not seeing the grin on Y/n's face as he left to go practice. He released a sigh, trying to calm down his heart that seemed to beat for Y/n. While he missed his presence, he also relieved. He had to take another heat pill, despite having taken one this morning, just to stop from going into heat when he was near the taller male. He was greeted by the rest when he came into the gym.

I have to stop thinking about him. I just know he's gonna distract me from giving my best in volleyball today.

Well...

...

He was right. The entire time, he would miss some of the balls set to him. Quite a few of his teammates were worried. "You okay, Iwaizumi?"

"I'm fine. Let's keep going."

They shrugged and decided to keep going. Iwaizumi called for the ball, to which the setter set it towards him. He jumped up, his hand ready to spike the ball.

This time... This time for sure!

"I've taken a liking to you, Iwaizumi. You're one of a kind."

He didn't even react as the ball flew towards him, but only to land on the floor, bouncing a few times before rolling away. Iwaizumi landed back on the ground, his eyes wide. The rest of the team was sort of shocked. Iwaizumi's hair shaded his eyes as he tightened his fists.

"God damn it, Y/n!!!!"

"Achoo!"

"Hey, you okay, man?"

"Yeah...That sneeze just came out nowhere."

"Take care of yourself, Shimizu. We have a game soon."

"Right..."