Chapter 14

"And here is the room milady reserved for the both of you."

"Whoa... It's so spacious."

"This room looks pretty expensive."

"Well, milady wanted only the best for you and your plus one. She thought you'd like it."

"She...really went all out, huh?"

The porter walked in with his cart. "Where should I leave your bags, gentlemen?"

"Ah, you may leave them in that corner there."

He nodded and began placing their luggage carefully in the corner. As soon as he finished, he began wheeling his cart out of the hotel room. "Thank you, good sir," Azuma said with a smile, giving him a tip for his outstanding services. 

"Thank you for the tip," the porter replied with a bow and a kind smile. "Have a good day, gentlemen."

The man left, leaving the four inside the room. "I guess we'll unpack later."

"Now that you're here, feel free to freshen yourselves up. We'll leave you both for a bit."

"We'll be waiting in the lobby."

"Alright. Thanks."

Azuma and Jin closed the door behind them, leaving Y/n and Hajime behind. "Well, I guess I'll go take a shower."

"I can't believe they're making you start right away after that long ass flight," Hajime said in slight annoyance as he stretched.

"What did you expect?" Y/n replied a smile. "It's a job. Never said it was easy."

"But, still..."

"Don't worry about it. I got some rest during the flight. No doubt I'll be tired by the end of it though. You go ahead and have a look around while I shower. I'll be quick."

"Okay."

Hajime watched as Y/n grabbed a change of clothes from his suitcase. The h/c-ette then headed to the bathroom. Hajime looked at his surroundings. He was currently in the living room. A flat-screen TV was hung up on the wall, hovering above a cabinet containing some books. Past the small living room, there was a very modernized kitchen with a marble-top island. A small bar-like counter was just behind one of the sofas, four stools lined up against it.

A few paintings were hung on the walls for decoration. On the small island sat some fancy-looking drinks. He walked towards the kitchen and looked around. It didn't have much, but he didn't expect it to. It was simply a hotel room after all. However, it did feel more like an apartment than a hotel room. He liked the marble countertops of the kitchen and the very modernized fridge, which had a touch screen on one of the doors.

Inside were more drinks, small price tags attached to them. He rolled his eyes at that and continued to look around. The dark-haired male decided to walk down the hall that Y/n had gone down. He found the bathroom and walked past it, heading to the room next to it. He opened the door, surprised by the unexpectedly spacious bedroom.

It seemed that the hotel room had a common modern theme, consisting of dark colors. The bed was pretty big. The window that was a little ways away from the bed opened to give them a view of the fancy pool and the vast, blue-tainted waters of the California beach. 

"Whoa..."

"It's a nice view, isn't it?"

He was startled by the sudden voice and turned to see Y/n slipping on his jacket. "That was too quick."

Y/n walked over to him, his e/c eyes looking over the gorgeous sight of the palm trees swaying as the ocean waves gently rolled onto the shore in a repeated pattern. "That sight never gets old..."