Chapter 3

Iwaizumi sat awkwardly across from Y/n as he sipped on his drink. Y/n noticed he wasn't eating. "Not hungry?"

"H-Huh? Oh. Y-Yes."

He chuckled at his stutter.

Cute...

"Honestly, you shouldn't worry too much about it, Iwaizumi."

"But--"

"Hey. I came to hang with you. Not them. Besides, it'd be rude to bail on you when I'm the one who asked you to hang out."

Iwaizumi didn't say anything. Instead, he picked up some of his food and started eating. Y/n smiled at that and began eating once again. He would occasionally make conversation. But, he noticed that Iwaizumi didn't quite react the way he wanted, so his aim became to make him laugh. Or, at least, make him smile a little. So, he started telling him a story of when he was abroad.

Throughout the telling of the seemingly embarrassing tale, Iwaizumi would occasionally crack a small smile. Towards the end, he chuckled lightly.

Yes!

Y/n mentally cheered. "I can't believe that really happened to you."

"Right? You'd think she had the sense to knock first, but what do you expect when you're a model?"

"Wow."

"But."

"Huh?"

"In the end, I made you laugh."

That was when Iwaizumi realized it.

Was that...what he wanted to do from the beginning?

He covered his mouth and averted his gaze, a pink tint adorning his cheeks. "Come on. Don't get so shy all of a sudden. It's nice to see you smile. You really shouldn't hide it."

Iwaizumi's blush grew. His eyes widened when Y/n removed his hand from his face. He tilted his head to the side and smiled tenderly. "How cute..."

--

On the walk back towards the neighborhood roads, Iwaizumi began to shiver. It had started getting cool out, a cold yet gentle breeze flowing by.

Just great... Just my luck that I forget my sweater in the locker room on a day like this.

He tried not to make it obvious as he stuffed his hands on his pockets. But, Y/n took notice of it and started taking off the jacket he wore under his uniform blazer. Iwaizumi's eyes widened when he was suddenly enveloped in something warm. He looked to see the f/c jacket draped over him.

"This is--"

"You looked cold", Y/n answered with a smile before turning his attention forward.

"But--"

"Don't worry about it."

Iwaizumi left it at that, not wanting to say anything else about it. He gripped it, wrapping it closer around him. Before he knew it, they were standing in front of his house. The thought of how Y/n knew where he lived didn't even cross his mind. "You really didn't have to walk me all the way to my house."

"Don't worry about it", Y/n said as he stood in front of the gate. "It really wasn't a problem. Besides, I would regret it tomorrow if I found out you didn't make it home safely--"

"Oh! Hajime, dear! Welcome home!"

They both turned to see a woman who looked to be in her late-30s come outside. "Oh. And who might you be? Hajime's boyfrie--"

"Okay! That's enough! Mom, go back inside, please!"

"Don't order me around, Hajime--"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Iwaizumi."

They stopped talking and she turned to Y/n, a smile plastered on her face. "I'm Y/n Shimizu, a friend of Iwa's."

"Nice to meet you too, young man. Would you like to join us for dinner?"

"Sorry, Mrs. Iwaizumi, but I'll have to decline your generous offer. I just came by to drop Iwa off at his house. I'll be on my way now."

"Please, be careful on your way home!"

He waved. "See you tomorrow, Iwa."

Iwaizumi watched as Y/n walked away. His face slowly began heating up at being called by that nickname. "Hajime, your face is red~", his mother teased.

"W-What?!"

She chuckled. "I knew it! You like him, don't you?!"

"I--"

"I knew it! You can't hide anything from me, Hajime~!! I'm your mother, after all!"

He sighed. "Tell me he's your mate!"

He backed away at the close proximity. She waited eagerly for an answer. "Well?!"

"Y...Yes. I-I mean, probably. M-Maybe..."

She squealed loudly and began spinning around. "Aww~!! Hajime is so in love~! He's stuttering~! He finally found his mate~!!"

Iwaizumi decided to leave her to her antics and headed inside. "Welcome back, Hajime."

"Hey."

"What's with all the ruckus outside?"

"Your wife", was his simple answer.

His father sighed. "She may be a grown woman, but she still acts like a child."

"I'll be in my room."

"Are you not hungry?"

"No. I ate with a friend."

"Okay."

Iwaizumi dragged himself to his room and threw his stuff down before flopping onto his bed, lying on his stomach. He sighed and closed his eyes. His face warmed up at the thought of Y/n.

I'm really not acting like myself...

"Tell me he's your mate!"

I'm not sure... Maybe he is... After all, his scent...

His body began to heat up as the scent of vanilla and lavender filled his senses. He looked down to see Y/n's jacket that was still around him.

Shit... I forgot to give it to him. But...

His breathing became heavy as the smell enveloped him. Hearts began to form in his eyes

Alpha...

He gripped the sheets under him as pants escaped his mouth. Unconsciously, his hands started to travel downward. But, before his hand could make it past the button of his uniform pants, there was a knock at his door. "Hajime, dear~ Open up~!", his mother sang.

He closed his eyes, trying to compose himself. As he got off the bed, his arms and legs trembled underneath him. He pushed himself off the bed and walked to the door, stumbling. He opened the door. "Y-Yes?"

She looked surprised before she gave a chesire smile. "Oh~? What's this~? Are you in heat~? Is it because of that boy~? Hmm~? Hmm, hmm, hmm~?"

He slammed the door in her face out of embarrassment and fell to his knees. He could hear her cackling from the other side of the door. The scent of Y/n had now filled his room. He doubled over from where he was, feeling a pleasurable shiver run up his spine.

Damn it...