Chapter 6

"Good morning, Oikawa~"

"Hello, girls~ How are you~?"

Before the girls could respond, they saw Y/n walk through the gates. "Shimizu~!!"

"Shimizu-sama~!!"

"What the--"

The girls fled over to him, crowding around him. He looked like he didn't know what to do as girls asked for a picture with him and such. Oikawa put his hands on his hips, a pout on his face. "I'm gone for a week...and this happens."

--

"Iwa-chan--"

Oikawa stopped when he saw Iwaizumi talking to the same guy from earlier. He narrowed his gaze on him. "Exactly what is going on...?"

"Oh, that's just the new student who transferred a week ago from C/n," his classmate, who overheard him, said. "His name's Y/n Shimizu. From what I hear, he's a super popular model that works for Lucent Entertainment."

"Lucent Entertainment, huh...?"

"Yeah. Ever since he transferred, the girls won't stop obsessing over him. I guess he took your popularity."

Right... As if I'd let him do that.

He put on a smile, making his way towards him. "Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi turned his attention to Oikawa, his expression blank. After a few seconds of silence, Oikawa pouted. "Not a 'Welcome back, Oikawa'?"

"And why would I say that, Trashykawa?"

"So mean~ I was hoping to get a greeting from you, Iwa-chan. So, I hear you're the new transfer student."

"Uh...Yeah. Y/n Shimizu."

"Oikawa Toru," he replied before turning to Iwaizumi, ignoring Y/n. "What have I missed, Iwa-chan?"

"A shit ton of work."

"I know that. I'm talking about what's going on around school~"

"I don't know, Shittykawa! You're the only one who cares about that crap!"

"Shimizu-san."

Oikawa and Iwaizumi stopped talking. Y/n turned to the door of the classroom to see a girl. He lifted a hand to show he heard before turning to Iwaizumi. "Well, I gotta go. See ya, Iwa."

Iwaizumi blushed a little as Y/n showed him his princely smile before turning to Oikawa. "Nice meeting you, Oikawa."

Oikawa covered his eyes at witnessing such a bright smile. "Too...bright..."

He waved at Iwaizumi and started walking away, making his way towards the girl. Oikawa stuck out his tongue. "Baka!"

He didn't notice the look on his friend's face as he watched Y/n leave with the girl as he smiled at her.

Of course... he smiles like that with everyone. It's nothing special...

Iwaizumi was too zoned on in his thoughts that he didn't notice Oikawa circling him, moving his head this way and that. He narrowed his gaze on him. Once he noticed him, Oikawa smirked. "Oh, I see what's going on~"

"What are you talking about, Shittykawa?"

"You~...like Shimizu~"

At this, Iwaizumi froze. "Ooh~ Iwa-chan, I didn't know you swung that way~"

It was silent for a second before Oikawa pulled on Iwaizumi's collar, shaking him. "Why Iwa-chan?! Why him?! Why not someone else?!"

"Wha-- What?"

"You can't date him, Iwa-chan! Not the guy who stole my popularity! Anybody but him!

Iwaizumi pushed him away. "Get off me, Shittykawa! Why does it matter?!"

Now, it was his turn to start shaking Oikawa. "Why do you want girls around you anyway?! You have a boyfriend, you idiot!!"

Meanwhile, with Y/n...

"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

"O-Oh, um...Here!"

He was surprised by her suddenly shoving a folder in his hands. "What's this?"

"T-T-The coach wanted me to g-give you that! H-He said i-it contained stuff for the game n-next week!"

"I see," he said, flipping through the papers before smiling at her. "Thanks."

She gripped the hem of her skirt, a blush covering her face. "I appreciate you coming all this way to give this to me. You really didn't have to."

"U-Umm!" she suddenly said, surprising him.

She looked up to meet his gaze, her face red as she tried to gain the courage to say what she had been intended to say. The delivery of papers was just an excuse to come by his classroom and get a chance to talk to him. "I--! I really like you!"

Her head was bowed as she nervously waited for his reply. Y/n didn't know what to do. As much as he didn't want to hurt her feelings and all considering she was their team's manager, he also didn't feel anything for her. If anything, his heart was set on Iwaizumi. Plus, he wasn't exactly straight. He pat her head, making her look up at him.

"I...I'm sorry, but...I just don't feel that way towards you."

"I-I see..."

Tears brimmed the corners of her eyes. "Hey--"

"It's okay," she said, smiling as she held back her tears. "I guess...I already knew this was going to happen. But...I wanted to try anyway..."

"If I'm being honest... it's because I already have someone I like. Besides..."

"Huh...?"

He smiled at her. "I'm sure the right one is still out there. You know, your destined partner? I'm sure, whoever they are, would make you ten times happier than I would. But, I still hope we can be friends."

Y/n held out his hand towards her. She looked at his hand before wiping her tears and returning his kind smile. "Yeah. I'd like that."

If Shimizu-san already has someone he likes... the least I can do now is help him get together with them.

They waved goodbye to each other as they parted ways. Y/n returned to the classroom just in time and sat down in his seat beside Iwaizumi. Oikawa smiled when Y/n would glance his way, but he hid his irritation.

Not only did he take my popularity... but he also took Iwa-chan from me!

His fists tightened as he shook in irritation as he listened to them talking behind him. "Oikawa."

"Uh...Yes, sir?"

"Do you need to go to the bathroom?"

The class snickered to themselves. "N-No, sir! I don't!"

"Then, please, sit still."

After a little while, he sighed to himself.

If he really is Iwa-chan's mate...then I have no choice but to put up with him. I'll do it for Iwa-chan!

He mentally cheered to himself.

I'm such a good friend~

Y/n glanced down at his notebook to write a few of the notes from the board before he glanced at Iwaizumi. Before the shorter male could turn to look at him, Y/n turned his head, smiling to himself.

Don't you worry, Hajime. I'll make you fall for me~