Chapter 14

Maya had looked at the apartment that was now fully decorated and most of the things were in. To her it was unbelievable that she and Josh were moving into the apartment. Her whole life she had imagined it, yeah. But she had never thought she would be living that life at 17.

"Ready for our lives to take place, Maya?" Josh asked as Maya had nodded.

"Of course I am. This is wild. Thinking that this is going to be our lives. Raising Levi at the age of 18 and 21," Maya said.

"My mother would say that it's a disgrace to the Matthew family. Om glad you're excited about this new chapter in our lives. Because..."

"Fatherhood is scaring you, isn't it?" Maya asked as Josh nodded.

"Isn't motherhood scaring you?" Josh asked as Maya stood up and walked towards him.

"Of course it does. Josh, there is nothing about all of this that doesn't scare me. It all does. But I have you by my side and with you I'm willing to face anything," Maya said.

"I don't know if I'll be a good father. Cory was, yeah. But he's Cory."

"And you're Josh," Maya said as she took Josh's hand in hers.

"For me that's enough and more than good. You're Joshua Matthews. And I love you for being just who you are," Maya said.

"I love you too," Josh said as he gave Maya a soft kiss.