Chapter Eleven

A week has passed since the first terrifying night when I met my new brain mate Raven. And I have to say, it's getting harder and harder to be scared of him. Especially when he's hanging upside down, pouting with his arms crossed after the seventh time trying to attack me. Vines and chains wrap him head to toe like a cocoon, so he's now growing, cursing, and complaining for the past hour and so.

I sit underneath him, tossing rocks into the lake, or even getting up and pushing him so he swings. Which usually causes him to curse a lot more. Anything to keep from dying of boredom. Tapping him with a stick I ask, "Is there anything you know about how to stop this virus?"

he glares at me, "And why would I help you?"

I shrug, "Out of the kindness of your heart."

"I have none."

"then... is there something you want?"

"To finally kill you."

"Nope then..." I toss another rock, and it pops a bubble, while another one floats near me. I reach for it playing the image back and forth. memories bubble here, all of them are mine so far. There are a variety of things, some I've forgotten others I wish I can forget. So far I have seen none of Raven's memories.

"Why don't you ask that Luna girl you're always thinking about."

Scary how much he already knows about me. "I haven't been able to contact her."

After the twentieth hundredth swing, he growls, "Fri-num! I am so very sorry, make the damn vines go."

Waving a hand, the vines do lower him. It's something else I noticed about this place, it may be mostly Raven's imagination or thoughts, but I have all the control. The vines, the chains, even bits of the tree. All will automatically protect me, and respond to my will. I've learned a lot during my week of boredly throwing rocks and watching this idiot tangle himself in vines every time he tries to attack me. I also realized that I am no longer dreaming. On the rare nights I do, it's always nightmares.

"What are you doing?"

I jump back, scrambling away. Raven's.... right by my ear. he watches me, smirking slowly, " Ah, as long as I don't try to kill you, I can go wherever I want."

I give him a glare, "so you're not going to try and kill me?"

"Didn't say that."

I toss another stone his way, "Careful or I"ll make you go swinging every single night."

He growls low in his throat.

I lift a hand, "Don't test me," I play with the vines nearest him, "You got claws, but I got them."

He grumbles but remains passive.

I kick at the ground, "Can I ask you a few questions?"

"You can ask, I may or may not answer."

"How come you're here with the tree?"

He is quiet before smirking, "I'm a little too much of a tree hugger. What about you? How come you are here?"

I sigh, "I don't remember why exactly... Is the virus connected to the tree?"

"The virus???" He's pondering my worders and something clicks. He leans forward laughing, "You mean magic."

"Magic?"

He snorts, "Magic, you're world is being flooded with old magic," He swishes a hand, the spores flowing through a current of his making, "And this magic, is specifically targeting you mortals."