Chapter 5 - Awakening

Marinette's POV

My eyes slowly opened and the first person I saw was Marin. Wait..since when was he back from his trip

Marinette: M-Marin...

Marin: Mari. You're awake. Thank God.

He gently patted my head and kissed my forehead. "I'll go get mom and dad..-" But I held him back by his shirt as he was about to leave. "Don't. If they couldn't be here now, then they don't really care." He sighed and sat back down. I sat up and that's when Luka and Kagami walked through the door with all the kwamis. They all flew up to me as soon as they saw me.

Tikki: Marinette, you're okay! I was so worried!

Marinette: I'm fine, Tikki. Really..

Wazz: Are you sure? You still seem a bit weak.

Pollen: If there's anything you need, then we shall provide it, my queen.

Marinette: Truly, I'm fine. Hey you two, thanks for taking care of them.

Kagami: No sweat. We have a lot to catch up on.

Luka: And we also visited a 'special' person today about your situation.

Marinette: O-Oh. Alright. I'll meet you guys in the studio.

Kagami: Don't push yourself, Mari.

Luka: Take your time.

Marinette: Don't worry, I'll give you two all the time you need.

The two blushed and left the room. They were too cute. I stood up stretching while glancing at Marin. "So..when did you get back?" I asked. He shrugged, "Not that long ago. Anyways, you should really take it easy." He got up and headed towards the door. "Wow, nothing more to say. Just like the day you left. Anyways, did you find that 'muse' you were looking for?" There was silence before he glared at me then walked out.

Plagg: I really don't like him. *sigh* He's like the rotten camembert of the family.

Trixx: When was the last time he's ever been nice to you, Marinette?

Marinette: Honestly...I can't remember.

Sass: Well, it doesn't really matter at this moment. Kagami and Luka have some very important news for you about the League and the information they gathered from the young Wayne.

Marinette: Well, I better get ready then.
~~~~~~~~~~

Once I was finished I left my quarters and headed down the hall to the elevator. Using my fingerprint, it took me all the way down to my studio. The doors opened and it looked like I interrupted their 'intimate' time. "Ahem.." They jumped out of each other's arms and blushed in embarrassment. "Looks like you two weren't fast enough."

I chuckled while walking over to them. "Anyways, the info about you got from the Wayne..care to share?" Kagami cleared her throat and said, "First off, you fell into a coma because of the magic in the pit. It wasn't compatible with yours so that's why. Second..u-uhh...*coughs*"

I raised a brow then turned to Luka who was whispering to Sass. Then Kaalki just rolled her eyes and announced something that shook me to pieces. "Oh lord, would you all stop beating about the bush? You are engaged to Damian Wayne as a result of drinking the substance back at the league's headquarters. Not to mention the new fiancé of Adrien Agreste."

What..WWHHHHHHAAAATTTTTT!?!?!?!?!? I dramatically fell to my knees while Tikki, Nooroo and Duusu comforted me. Thi-is c-can't be happening-g... I can't be engaged to two people at once... Oh Who The F*ck Am I Kidding, I CAN'T BE BETROTHED TO THE DIPSH*TTY AGRESTE!!! IT'S UNEXCEPTABLE!! Urgh! I punched the wall and it made a dent.

I stormed back up the emergency stairs instead of taking the elevator and went straight to my parents' office. I slammed the door open and they jumped in shock. "Marinette, what is the meaning of this!?" I glared at them with red in my eyes.

Marinette: You dare sign a marriage contract with the Agrestes!?!?!

Tom: We had to find another suitor after the Waynes endangered your life like that..-

Marinette: I am Not Getting Married To That Piece Of Dog Sh*t.

Sabine: Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Language. Plus, this marriage would benefit both of us..-

Marinette: No, You just want their charity. We don't need their donation nor do I need to marry that pervert. That's Final!

Tom: The papers have already been signed. That's final.

I felt teeth grit against each other. I Can't Take This Anymore! I ran out of there as if my life depended on it. All I heard was screaming and yelling, people calling out my name. I didn't care. I leapt out the window to avoid all the maids and security that was coming my way. I landed in a bush two storeys below the window then jumped the gate and out the manor.

I ran and I just couldn't stop. That's when I spotted a familiar gray car that drove past me. It stopped, Sh*t! It was the perverted Agreste kid and right now he was the last person I needed to see. I turned and continued running and as I made the corner, I yelled, "Voyage!" I was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~

Adrien's POV

I was on my way to the Dupain's Mansion when I noticed some familiar midnight hair that just rushed past the car. "Stop the car." It halted and I got out to see Marinette. My beautiful wife-to-be. As I was about to approach her she started running away with tears in her eyes. I followed her around a corner but...she disappeared.

I returned to my car and told them to hurry on over to the Mansion. As soon as I got out, Sabine and Tom bombarded me with questions on whether or not I saw Marinette. I told them what I knew and they just kept quiet. They told me to follow them inside. When I entered I saw Luka and Kagami glaring at me. Well hello to you too...

Then I realized that Marin was back. Once we locked eyes he rolled his and walked off. Does everyone have it out for me..?

Sabine: Marinette ran away from home, Adrien.

Tom: We called all of her friends and they said that she wasn't at their house.

Adrien: How do you know they're telling you the truth?

Tom: *sigh* We've been...keeping tabs on them. We have guards watching them 24/7 in case Marinette sneaks off to their house. This way, we'll know where she is and whether or not she's safe.

Luka: That's going too far. I hope you don't have one at my house..-

Kagami: Or at mine. I can file a complaint.

Sabine: Then we'll throw you and fire..-

Kagami: You can't fire us because we don't work for you.

Luka: We work for your daughter..or at least that's who we signed a contract with. *grins*

This is all going downhill. We don't know where my princess is and everyone's bickering their mouths off. Have they forgotten that I'm here..? Sigh..what a pain in my a**. They just need to get her back safe so we can just get married, have 3 kids, and a hamster and we'll live happily ever after. I will give her happiness, the life she's always wanted. The one where I'm her lover, where she needs no one...but me. *psychopathically smirks*
~~~~~~~~~~