Chapter 15 - My Own Hand

Marinette's POV

And the next thing I knew, I was in my room lying on my bed. I got up scratching my eye while stretching. I slid off the bed about to leave when I felt a familiar presence behind me. "Talia, what a pleasant surprise." She came down from my window sill and walked up to me. "I have no time for your sarcasm, Guardian." I glared at her while she grinned.

Marinette: I'm going to kindly ask you to leave. This is no place for indecent persons such as yourself.

Talia: Funny, but wouldn't that also count as my son.

Marinette: He's different from you, Miss Al Ghul. What do you want?

Talia: Just reminding you that you two are engaged. You know that the bond has a time limit. If you don't get married when the time runs out then...

*Whispers*

Marinette: *gasps* What..- You can't do that!

Talia: It's the bond, not me, Guardian. If you don't want those circumstances to become a reality then chop chop. *smirks*

She left the way she came, leaving me frozen in my spot. She..can't be serious. *groans* My head.. "Marinette." My head spun around to see Damian by the door. He came in and he placed his hand on my forehead. "Are you alright?" I pushed his hand off me. "Fine. I need to freshen up." I left the room heading to my bathroom.

I turned on the warm water, putting the plug in the drain. I felt like a soak. I got in and sat in the tub with my head laid back against the tub. I couldn't care about what happens to me but I can't let that happen to Damian. He doesn't deserve that punishment. *sigh* I sat up and hugged my knees while blowing bubbles in the water.

I got out a few minutes later, wrapping my towel around me and tying up my hair. Then Tikki flew through the door. "Marinette, you have 15 minutes until the meeting with your parents' boss is due to begin." Oh right, I forgot about that... Ehh, whateves. I got out of the bathroom and found Damian reading one of my books. "Wanna put on some clothes, Miss Dupain-Cheng?"

I sat upon his lap and leaned back and he flinched. "Is this bothering you, birdie? *smirks*" Dark red blush was painted across his cheeks. I chuckled and got off. "Wanna help me pick out some clothes for the meeting?" He cleared his throat while trying to hide his blush. I led him into my walkin closet and he looked around. "Whose designs are these? I don't recognise the craftsmanship."

"Good eye, these are all my designs. I'm actually almost finished with the one I was designing for you and your family." He turned back to my outfits and grinned, "Not bad." I giggled, "Thanks for your approval, sweetheart." "Well, what do you want to wear.. Dress, Jumper or Shirt and Pants or Skirt?" I smiled, "What do you think I should wear at a time like this?"

"Something outrageous." he responded way too quickly. I sighed, "Maybe a dress, preferably a red one." He looked around then stopped in front of a red one with sleeves and a little longer than knee-length. "What about this one. I like this one."

Marinette: Why that one?

Damian: If you don't like I'll pick another..-

Marinette: I just asked why.

Damian: It just...speaks to me.

Marinette: Alright then. Now get out so I can change.

Damian: You don't want your 'sweetheart' to help you get changed, darling?

Marinette: Nice try and no. If I do, I'll call.

He left, closing the door behind him. I removed the dress from the hanger and placed it on over my undergarments. Not a bad choice. I picked out some black heels, jewelry and did my hair in a side low ponytail. A came out and Damian looked up from his book. He blushed when he saw me and I giggled. "Do I look that good, Damian?"

He got up and stood in front of me. He pulled my ponytail over to the other side. "It looks better on that side." He's really cute when he blushes. "Wanna escort me downstairs, sweetheart?" He smiled while rolling his eyes playfully, "If I must, darling." He held out his hand and I took it.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagami's POV

Everyone was gathered in the lobby waiting for Mari to arrive. Damian said he was going to check on her. What's taking so long? Moments later we heard footsteps coming from upstairs. It was Marinette and Damian, they looked like a couple. So Why Don't These Two Oblivious Lovebirds Get Married Already!? They're Already Engaged!

Marinette released his hand when they arrived at the foot of the stairs. He went back over to his family as his brothers teased him. Luka then tapped my shoulder and pointed at Marinette while she inched her neck. "What is that on the left side of her neck?" he whispered. I narrowed my eyes, then they almost immediately widened. It Was A F*cking Hickey!!

I made my way over to Damian and his brothers and pulled him down by his shirt. "What the hell possessed you to give her hickey!?" I whisper-shouted. All his brothers looked at Marinette then cooed him in sync. Damian looked confused and looked away innocently. "I have no recollection of such events." he simply replied.

I scoffed and released his shirt. Seconds later the bell rang. Alfred opened the doors and the Son of a B*tch walked through with his manhandling, rapist son and many guards right behind him. Marinette halted her scratching and looked at them in all seriousness, Marin now arriving on the scene.

Tom: Mr. Ross, welcome. Make yourselves at home.

Bob: And this is your daughter. She's as beautiful as the pictures I've seen. So let's get to signing those papers.

They all gathered at the bottom of the stairs. XY wrapped his arm around her neck and she slapped it off and glared at him. She placed her hand on the hickey while they went up the stairs. And as soon as we heard the door close, we all ran up the stairs and listened through the door.
~~~~~

Bob: So how soon can this marriage happen? I was thinking about next week.

Tom: As soon as you please, Mr. Ross.

Marin: Maybe we should let the two get to know each other better.

Bob: What is there to know? Both of them like music, both have money and both are marrying age.

XY: If there's a problem, say it now or you can forget about the profits from this marriage.

Sabine: There isn't a problem.

Bob: Good then we're all ready to go. Where are the papers?

*whispers* XY: This should be intriguing, baby doll.
~~~~~

There was silence then Damian told everyone to stand away from the door. Moments later the door came flying open and XY crashed into the wall. We peeked on the other side to see Marinette's eyes; one was white and the other was black and her hand glowing pink. "Marinette!! What is the meaning of this!?" Mr. Dupain yelled in question.

Marinette turned around and everyone flinched. "What's the problem you say? Haha..it's easy. Everything." Her hair flowed upwards as her dress danced in the wind that circled around her.

"I've had enough! Today I'm Voting For My Own Hand!!"
~~~~~~~~~~