Chapter 28 - Christmas Eve

Damian's POV

We returned to our Manor in Gotham with a few maids from Marinette's mansion to help with the cleaning of it. It's been a few days and now tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I haven't seen nor heard from her in the time we spent apart, it feels...strange... I feel distant. But I guess it must be busy for her as she has two images to uphold. MDC and Nettie that is. Not to mention the Guardian thing.

She has it tough, but as of next year, I'll be taking over father's business. It's strange, I always thought that maybe these other idiots would be next in line but I guess it has to be by blood. I was making my bed when my phone dinged with a notification. It was a message from Grayson in our family group chat.

Grayson:
Hey Lil'D, we need you downstairs for something.

Todd:
And come quick, We can't wait all day for you.

Drake:
It has to do with cupcake.

Damian:
Coming.

Marinette?? What does she have to do with any of this? I opened my door, going downstairs to the living room to see everyone gathered. "Took you long enough." complained Todd. I rolled my eyes then turned to Father. "You all called for me." Father took a seat in his chair and spoke with a smile on his face. This is getting weird...

Bruce: We were thinking of inviting everyone over for dinner for Christmas.

Damian: Everyone.. As in..-

Dick: Yup, Blueberry, Marin, our new girlfriends including Bruce's, Luka and Kagami, and maybe even the other kids we met at the ball. What do you think?

Tim: It will be a lot of work but crime fighting's a lot harder so this should be a piece of cake.

Jason: You in, or out?

Damian: When do we start preparations?

Todd wrapped his arm around my neck and started messing up my hair. "Hey, Quit It Todd!" He just laughed while Drake joined in, "I bet you can't wait to see cupcake again..-" "*pouts* 'Oh Damian, I love you, Merry Christmas my love. Mwah." Todd imitating Marinette. I elbowed him in his gut and stomped on Drake's foot. "Do that again and I'll slit your throats."

Grayson awkwardly chuckled, "Maybe no violence this year..?" I shrugged, heading back up to my room, "No promises."
~~~~~~

The next day around and the first thing I woke up to was smelling, disgusting, odorous cheese and a kwami sitting on my stomach. "Eww..- Plagg!" I exclaimed. He turned around and flew over. "Marinette sent me over to relay a message." I raised a brow while getting up. "She said she really misses you." "I don't buy it." "Oh snap because she also said to say 'SIKE'."

Yup, that does sound like her. Sigh, she never changes. "She also told me to tell you to look out the balcony." I got out of bed and strolled over to the curtains pulling them aside but froze momentarily as I saw her sitting outside on one of the chairs. But she was transformed and her outfit was ladybug themed. She must've used Tikki to transform. I unlocked the door and she smiled at me.

Marinette: Morning Sleepy head.

Damian: Morning. Why are you on my balcony this early in the morning?

Marinette: Well, because I wanted to try something out with you.

Damian: Oh, is my 'darling sunshine' finally falling for me on this fine Christmas Eve morning?

Marinette: I'll tell you by the end of the day. Now hurry and get ready.

*sigh* She's really something else. But no matter, I can still make her fall for me. "Are you taking me somewhere? *smirks*" I asked as I got close to her face. She booped me on my nose then pushed me away. "You'll find out soon enough." she spoke. I chuckled heading back inside the room, Marinette following me. She jumped onto my bed and just laid there.

"I hope you don't mind if I take a little nap here..." she asked, dozing off. I walked over to the bed and replied, "Sure, no problem. We might have to share it one day afterall." I teased. I kissed her cheeks hurrying off to the bathroom while she yelled at me. "Damian Wayne! Don't Push Me Today! It's Christmas Eve For God's Sake!"
~~~~~

I came out after I got myself ready. I wrapped my towel around my waist, walking outside while wiping my hair to see Marinette sitting up on some kind of phone-like device. "What's that?" I asked as I walked over to her on my bed. "It's Tikki's 'bug phone' as well as my so-called weapon. It's kinda like an indestructible yo-yo. It also helps me with my powers."

Third Person's POV

As Damian leaned slightly over to look at the screen Marinette caught a glimpse of his abs. Six very well toned packs, her eyes traveled up his still dripping chest to his neck then his face. As soon as he glanced at her, she immediately looked away but her blush was easily seen. Damian grinned. He gently pulled her chin to face him, Marinette still blushing like a tomato.

"Aww, is this turning you on, Angel?" he said sweetly, getting closer to her face. She pushed him back on his chest but damn they were as hard as they looked. "Maybe you should detransform in case we go further than this. We need to have some regard for the kwami, right?" She removed his hand from her chin but he went forward over her.

Marinette just stared at him while he was towering over her. She looked away and whispered, "Tikki, Spots Off.." She reverted back to normal while Plagg pulled his sugarcube outside onto the balcony. Damian softly kissed her neck while Marinette winced; his hot breath and body, his scent of a fireplace, warming her body, sending chills down her spine.

He stopped going back up to her face and kissing her. She soon faded into the kiss while Damian clasped one of their free hands. The kiss slowly escalated as he slid his tongue into her mouth. Marinette moaned quietly in between the kiss. They finally pulled apart, Damian smiling, "I honestly wasn't expecting you to do that Marinette."

"W-What do you mean?" He rolled them over, Marinette now on top of him sitting near is his v-line. He continued, "I mean that you never really complied with me wanting to kiss you. It could either be that you love or you sympathize with me because it's Christmas. So which one is it?" She bit her lip then spoke, "I have until the end of the day to decide. Remember?"

He stared at her muddacuntly while she awkwardly smiled. He sighed, sitting up with her in his arms. "Fine, if I've waited this long I can definitely wait a bit longer." She frowned looking at his disappointed face. She raised her hands and squeezed Damian's cheeks together making him look like a fish. "I promise I'll decide by the end of the day. And I always keep my word."

His eyes widened but then softened. He kissed her forehead, picking her up then rested her back down on the ground. "I'll hold you to that, habibti."