Chapter 14 - Breakdown

Marin's POV

Minutes after Father called for Mari she arrived in his office. "Father you called." He stood up from his seat and came around to the front of his desk. He positioned his hands behind his back and heavily exhaled. Mari's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Tom: I heard you returned with the Waynes earlier today.

Marinette: That's right. What of it?

Sabine: We told you to stay away from those people. They endangered your life. We're forbidding you from ever seeing them again.

Tom: Furthermore, the marriage deal with the Agrestes is terminated. Instead, you'll be marrying... My Boss' son... XY.

She kept her head down but I could just tell she was raging inside. Her hands clenched into fists as she grit her teeth.

Tom: They'll be coming over tomorrow to finalize the agreement. Be on your best behaviour and do not disappoint us. If this doesn't go according to the agreements, then he'll fire us.

Sabine: We're in a knot, Marinette. For once...think about how we must be feeling.

Her shoulders began to twitch, she swiftly turned around and stormed out of the room. Even I saw..that that went too far. I left soon after but Mother held me back. "Marin, when are you planning on marrying?" My eyes widened. Why is she asking me this now, she didn't care for most of my life so why now? "Not anytime soon, Mother." And I left her side going out to the gardens.
~~~~~

I was walking around kicking around the little pebbles that hid in the grass. That's when I heard a voice behind me. It was the same one from before. Jason.

Jason: What did you people do to make pixie cry?

Wait..she's crying..? I sat down in the grass and hugged my knees. I don't blame her...

Jason: Luka said it could've been another engagement arrangement. So..?

Marin: He's right. Father struck an agreement with his boss to marry her off to his son.

Jason: May I ask who the boss is?

Marin: Bob Ross..-

Jason: That Son of a Mother-F*cking B*tch! And his son..- I can't decide whether your parents are idiots or imbeciles.
No offense.

Marin: You aren't wrong, but you're not right either. It's just...complicated... But Mari's also kinda to blame. She's been spoiled her whole life.

Jason: Complicated as it may be, that's not really an excuse. And I think you and I know two different Marinettes. The one I know isn't spoiled, nor does she take anything for granted. Pixie-pop's really determined and doesn't give up on the things she wants or desires.

Marin: Why do you call her Pixie-pop?

Jason: It's just a nickname for her. Why, do you want one too? *grins*

Marin: No!

Jason: Haha, I was kidding man. You take things too seriously.

Marin: Maybe you just have a childish attitude.

Jason: Maybe..but I don't care. I'm just trying to live life to the fullest... Something pixie's never done.
~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

Marinette stomped down the halls of the mansion, angry tears running down her cheeks. She found an empty spare room and hid herself there. She sat in a corner and hugged her feet tightly grabbing onto her arms. Why..Why do they have to treat me like some Trophy!? Selling me off to any and every rich billionaire there is!

What about me..- What about Marinette!? Do my feelings not count!? Marinette flinched when she felt something burn on her arm. She realized that she was scraping herself with her nails. Three bloody lines were now visible on her left shoulder. Sh*t. Moments later the door opened and Dick peeked through. He saw her and ran up to her, stooping down.

"Blueberry are you..- Your arm. How did..-" I stopped him and wiped the tears that couldn't seem to stop falling. "I-I'm fine, Richard. I just want to be alone." He sat next to me and pulled my head over and onto his shoulder. "Blueberry, nothing leaves this room. In a big family, it's just a habit of wanting to know more about each other's problems and worries. We just want to help."

"I-Its... They married me o-off to... Bob Ross' son..-" He remained silent and when I glanced at him, his eyes turned dark. "That sh*tty manchild..."

"Hey Grayson.." A voice called from behind Dick. It was Damian. "Let's switch." He spoke. Grayson stood up and patted his head. "Take care of her, Lil'D." He left the room, closing the door. Damian looked down at the girl and sat next to her in Dick's place. Marinette looked away trying to wipe away the leftover tears on her face.

Damian: *sigh* I overheard what you said. I'm sorry that things didn't get better. You didn't deserve that. I really wish there was something I could do but you know your parents would do anything to prevent that from happening.
I feel your pain Marinette, the bond is just bringing us closer and yet...I feel so distant from you. I guess I just want to know you better but you must let me in. I want to help you, in any way I can, you must know that.

Marinette still looked away from the boy. Her heart was pounding and her emotions were tangled up, confused...she was confused. Damian heavily exhaled then turned to her. He turned her around to face him then picked her up and sat her on his lap. "Marinette, let it out. Nothing leaves this room." Her head dropped to his shoulder as she clenched his shirt to the point of wrinkles.

"Why-y are th-they like this *sniff* What about m-me..? Don't I-I matt-ter? For once..I just want to b-be me..*sniff*" Damian hugged her around her waist listening to her complain. It broke his heart to see her cry. She was different from any other girl he came across, more similar, compatible with him. She hugged him around his neck as her legs wrapped around to his back.

The tears kept falling, they just couldn't stop. Damian began to stroke her hair over and over in an attempt to calm her down, and it seemed to be working. Her body stopped trembling and her voice quieted down. "Hey..Marinette.." She groaned in response. He pulled her hair to the other side and gently kissed her neck, "I'm not letting you cry like this ever again."

He got up with her in his arms and left the room on his way to hers. He was walking down the corridors when Marin and Jason spotted them. Marin was in complete disbelief, his face turning pale white while Jason quickly snapped a picture. "Totally sending this to the others. You want a copy *grins*?" he questioned the frozen boy. "I-I'll pass.."
~~~~~~~~~~