Chapter 7 - Adopted

Bruce's POV

I know adopting Marinette was probably a rash decision but I couldn't let her stay here and it was the only way I could get her to go back home. We all got into the limo as Alfred drove us back to Gotham.

(A/N: I'm not sure whether or not they are close to each other).

We all got out and so did Marinette and she looked really impressed by the Manor. We all got in and Alfred got Marinette settled into a room. I led the boys over to the living room and we all sat down.

Bruce: Ok boys, I'm not sure how long she'll be staying here but we can't tell her parents about this. Not now.

Dick: Well until we figure that out, there's still the topic of her powers.

Damian: She said that the Lazarus' magic was interfering with her own so until she gets that under control, she'll be unable to use it.

Tim: There's also the matter of us not even knowing what those said powers are.

Damian: She spoke of having at least 10..but could be more. There's also the fact that she has magical creatures that can only be seen by her.
But, not too long ago when her friends came to interrogate me, one of them said that the 'kwamis', as Marinette likes to call them, granted them temporary vision. So we can see it, but they must allow us to see them.

Jason: Have you ever seen them, demon spawn?

Damian: No Todd, I haven't.

Dick: Then we'll have to assume they're everywhere, even now. They might be in this very room *creepy room*.

Tim: Whatever, DickeyBird. You might scare those two.

Damian: Oh shut your trap, Drake.

Bruce: But one thing remains the same. We cannot allow her to leave, nor can we allow her to use her powers until further notice. Damian...you're in charge of watching her.

Damian: What!?

Jason: Aww man, you're so lucky, demon spawn.

Tim: She is your fiancé, demon.

Dick: Don't worry, Lil'D, you'll be fine.

Damian: This is unacceptable!

And with that he stormed up to his room and a few moments later, the door slammed. He needs to stay close to her...Because they are now both at risk.
~~~~~

Damian's POV

What The Hell Is Father Saying!? Putting Me In Charge Of Watching The Rich Little Princess!! Ugh! This has to be a joke. I flopped backwards onto my bed then heard giggling from the other side of the room.

Marinette: Wow, dramatic much.

Damian: What are you doing in my room and How did you get in here?

Marinette: I used the balcony and I wanted to talk to you about this whole situation.
Look, I don't like this anymore than you do but the sooner you put up with it, the sooner I leave. And the sooner you figure out how to fix my magic situation, the better for me as well to not risk blowing up this entire city. Got it?

I felt a little dip in my bed and so I sat up and her face was only inches away from mine. She grinned, "Pretty eyes, for an Ice Prince." I stumbled back while she laughed. "You're really gullible when it comes to jokes and stuff like that. Wow." I felt my blood boil and my eye twitch. She then got off the bed and jumped onto the ledge of the balcony.

"You better have those answers next time I come to visit. Later!" And with that she leapt from my balcony over to hers, landing and going inside. She has no shame whatsoever. I flopped back down on my bed then I felt as if something was watching me. I got up once again and searched my room. Left...right... Up....down...

But as I faced forward, I almost fell back as a small, flying creature swallowed an entire piece of cheese in one gulp. *sniffs* Is that...Camembert? *gags* "Ah, you can finally see me. I've been flying here for over 5 minutes."  Wait..- So He Saw Everything That Just Happened!?! He flew around my head then sat upon my bed.

Plagg: The name's Plagg. And I'm the most powerful kwami there is.

Damian: You are..-

"PLAGG!!" I heard someone scream only to find yet another kwami flying in from the balcony. She had a black spot on her head and was red with big bluebell eyes like Dupain-Cheng. "Oh c'mon Tikki, I just wanted to relax and all the other kwamis were taking up too much space in Marinette's room so I came over to his." She glared at him before turning to me.

Tikki: It seems that Plagg gave you the sight WITHOUT CONSULTATION. Anyways, my name's Tikki and I'M the most powerful kwami there is..- In fact the oldest, therefore the wisest. I'm also Marinette's FIRST priority as I am her main kwami.

Plagg: Now you're just bragging, sugar cube. But wise as you may be, you're also not that much fun to toy with. Like me, I'm a freeloader, a daredevil. I give Marinette the freedom she deserves.

Tikki: And wisdom isn't what she needs?

Plagg: At this time in her life, she needs to know how to live her life to the fullest.

The two kept bickering while I just watched them; one looked like a black cat with green eyes, and the other looked like a bug..maybe a ladybug. Judging by the spot and the red. Though I must admit...they're really cute but Miss Dupain-Cheng doesn't seem to be worried about them. I cleared my throat and they immediately stopped.

Tikki: I'm sorry about that, Damian.

Damian: You..- nevermind.
Anyways, seeing as you are both kwamis, what are you powers?

Plagg: I am the kwami of destruction..-

Tikki: While I am the kwami of creation.

Damian: I see, well you are both powerful in your own way. If you (Tikki) use your power then you (Plagg) will be able to counter it and vice versa. So it's more like you two are equally as powerful as the other.

Plagg: Marinette says the same thing but we all know it's wrong.

Tikki: Hmph. I beg to differ. Anyways, I think it's safe to say that giving you our sight is a good thing. So only you..and Marinette are able to see us.

Damian: But why trust an assassin, furthermore the son of the person who technically kidnapped your owner?

Plagg: Because you two are bonded not only by blood, but also by magic. After all, you two are engaged. *smirks*

I felt my cheeks heat up and Tikki giggled while pulling Plagg out of my room, phasing through the door. Wait..- They can ghost through walls too? I placed my head in my hand. *sigh* What a long day.. And are we really.. Engaged?