Chapter 3 - Albedo - Jean's Troubles

The same feeling kept nagging Albedo throughout the day, and he still couldn't figure it out. He suddenly had a thought. Grand Master Jean! She is basically all-knowing, she could tell me what this is! He paused his experiment and put on his blue and white coat. He wandered the halls, making his way to Grand-Master Jean's office. When he reached the room, he knocked.

"Come in!" came a muffled voice. He walked in and was instantly shocked by what he was seeing.

The room was a mess, paper strewn everywhere, and Jean sitting in the center. Diluc was standing next to her, holding her hand. She was very ashen-faced, and her eyes were bloodshot. She was concentrating hard on something on her desk and didn't look up when he entered the room.

"What happened?" he asked, surprised.

"Hilichurls are attacking Springvale, and I don't know where anyone is!" Jean said, her voice filled with panic.

"Letter for you, Acting Grand Master!" said a guard entering the room. He brought it to her, and she studied it.

"It just says help!" she said, astounded. "I need the knights! Where is Amber?"

"Already on the job, Acting Grand Master!"

"My sister, Barbra?"

"Concert, Acting Grand Master!"

"Klee?"

"Also helping, Acting Grand Master!"

"Get her back in, she's just a child! Where is Bennet?"

"Helping, Acting Grand Master!"

"Fischl?"

"With Bennet, Acting Grand Master!"

"Lisa?

"We... Don't know, Acting Grand Master, but knowing her, she's either reading a new book from the Yae Publishing House or asleep."

"Ah, Kaeya?"

"He went somewhere with Rosaria, Acting Grand Master!"

"Diluc, don't you keep a better watch on your brother?"

"I don't, Jean. That would be stalking."

"So? Eula?"

"Drunk, Acting Grand Master!"

"Again?!? That bard, Bar- I mean- Venti?"

"Also drunk, Acting Grand Master!"

"Why are they all in the tavern! Don't they know what's going on?!?"

"Oh, the Traveler is doing the bartending event! No one can stay away!"

"I see. Where's Klee, I told you to bring her back!"

A loud BOOM shook the Knights headquarters. Everyone got up at once and looked out the window. A mushroom cloud of smoke was emitting from where Springvale was.

"KLEE!!! As soon as she is brought back, lock her in solitary confinement!" yelled Jean. "Check if everyone is ok!"

"Bennet is down, Acting Grand Master! He and Fischl went to the cathedral to heal! Barbra is working on them!"

"Oh no! Were they hit by Klee's bomb?"

"No, Bennet tripped on a twig and got a concussion!"

"Argh, someone get me a cat, I need to get my stress down," Jean said, rubbing her temples.

"Alright, I'll call Diona!"

"No, please don't call Diona, She will just give me another headache! Diluc, come here! Your hair will have to do."

Diluc, clearly scared by Jean's ever-rising panic, silently obeyed, sitting in front of Jean. She stroked his hair and quieted down a little. She closed her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Thank you, Diluc, you always make things better," she said, before remembering where she was and embarrassedly pushing him away. Everyone seemed to have forgotten about Albedo standing in the doorway until Jean looked up and said, "Has anyone done Ellin's commission yet? Ah, Chief Alchemist! Can you run down and fetch Ellin? I think we can finally let her have her wish! Tell her she may join the knights if she can survive this fight. We may even reward her with a vision!"

All strange feelings forgotten, Albedo rushed down to make the wannabe knight's dream finally come true.

Finally, Ellin! YOUR WISH IS FULFILED!

Thank you for reading the chapter with an extremely stressed Jean who probably should stop drinking coffee for about a year. Please upvote this and write random comments! This is so fun to make. see u in the next chapter!

- Mr. Write Man 🇺🇦

⭐⬅😁🥰