Chapter 11 - Albedo - A Job

Hi everyone... so sorry I didn't update for, like, 4 MONTHS HEH😅

I was just super lazy... I swear to try to update a little more frequently... maybe...

Anyways, without further ado: THE NEW CHAPTER! *yay!* *finally!* *ur so handsome!*  (is what u guys are saying in your minds... I just know it)

                                                                   ~Recap~

There was a knock on the door.  Albedo frowned, getting up again and walking to the door.

"Who is it?" he asked cautiously through the door.

"Master Jean," came the reply. Master Albedo opened the door, smiling to let her in.

"Oh, Grand Master! To what do I owe the pleasure?" He said, but was immediately startled by the grimace on her face. She sighed, rubbing her temples.

"I see Sucrose is up. That's good. She will need to come too. I don't know how to say this, but Albedo, I have a job for you." She said.

————————————————————————————————————

"What do you think it's about, Master Albedo?" Sucrose asked timidly, standing with him in the kitchen.

"I don't know, Sucrose. She said she had a job for us. Could you help me with the plate? I am going to give Grand Master Jean pancakes." (A/N: 🥞) Albedo replied, handing Sucrose a plate of four fluffy golden-brown pancakes. They both walked into the living room to talk to Grand Master Jean.

Jean was making herself comfortable on a nice red velvet couch and as Albedo set the pancakes on the coffee table in front of them, she started,  

"Albedo. Sucrose." -as she said their names, she looked at them pointedly- "this job may be a little bit of a challenge, but know this:It is not optional. This is because you are the only ones up for the task." She stopped to dig into a pancake, leaving Albedo and Sucrose frightened of what was coming next. (A/N: A cliffhanger! Like last chapter! But they don't have to wait for months... sry again peeps...) when Grand Master Jean continued, she said this, 

"There is... a problem. Thieves from Inazuma have been stealing from Monstadt via Dornman's Port. It also seems they have a connection in Liyue. I need you both to go find that connection... and snuff it out. Then you will go to Inazuma and stop this crime. If it gets more serious, a war might break out. For all we know the Shogun might be sending them for who knows what reason. You will need to leave tomorrow morning. Rest up. You leave at 3:00 A.M."

Albedo looked up in shock. 3:00 a.m.? They hadn't even packed yet! As if reading his mind, Jean said,

"I advise you start packing. Not much, because you will probably get back in no time. And that reminds me! I have to go. I have an appointment scheduled with Ellin. There is paperwork needed to be signed, and whatnot. Well, goodbye! Thank you for the pancakes." And with that, she left.

Again, I'm so sorry for not updating in forever! I really hope you liked this chapter! Bye!

-Mr. Write Man 🇺🇦