Chapter 9 - Sucrose - An Overheard Conversation

I didn't really know where to go with this chapter, so it might be a little funky. 🤪

Sucrose sighed, staring dreamily at Master Albedo's drawing. It was her, down to the very last detail. She was smiling, looking over to the side. Everything was there. Her hat, her glasses, her ears. She smiled. He had made such a good drawing. And that look he had given her when he left... What was it? She had an idea, but it was probably just wishful thinking. She sighed again, this time sadly. He probably didn't like her, he was just being hospitable. I mean, if someone was really sick and they needed to be taken care of, she would volunteer herself. See? She thought, he's just being nice. Nothing else. Her eyes stung with silent tears. She put the drawing on the bedside table, along with her glasses. 

She heard Master Albedo talking too Klee outside, and thought to herself. He was just trying to make me feel better. Just like Klee. She closed her eyes, listening in on Master Albedo and Klee's conversation. 

"Well... supposed to... in solitary confinement... I ... go. Jean... mad... bombs... Bye, ... brother Albe...!" Was all she could make out of what Klee had said. So Jean was still mad about Klee's bombs and she was still supposed to be in solitary confinement.

"G...bye, Klee! Sucrose ... liked yo... drawing! That ... really nice!" Master Albedo replied to Klee. Sucrose heard the door slam, and Master Albedo walking towards her room. She fell back on the bed pretending to be asleep. She heard him stand in the doorway, and could heel his gaze on her.

"Sleep well, Sucrose." He said softly, kindly, longingly. Sucrose smiled into her pillow. She felt her face slightly heat up. Her heartbeat quickened at least threefold. Without any purpose for being in the room anymore, Master Albedo's footsteps receded into the hallway.

Sucrose flipped over. Had she been imagining it, or had Master Albedo seemed... thoughtful? No, he had seemed like he wanted something... Wanted her! She glowed, suddenly ecstatic. Did Master Albedo like her back? Was that possible? If it was, Sucrose was pretty sure they shared feelings for each other. She liked the idea of Master Albedo and her together. She hoped he did too. She thought she heard Master Albedo coming back, so she pretended to be asleep. But she was to drowsy to pretend to be drowsy, and felt herself drifting into sleep. 

By the time Master Albedo reached her room, he found her fast asleep. He had just wanted to check on her. He watched her. She was so peaceful. He smiled.

That's it 4 this chappy! Thx 4 reedin 

- Mr. Write Man🇺🇦