7

- The Day Before The Wedding-

"It is not the archbishop, it is the Queen. Perhaps she has taken your rejection of her nephew to heart, or perhaps she is simply bored," Lady Danbury says as everyone is bewildered by the fact her Majesty herself is in the way of preventing Simon and Daphne from obtaining the special license to allow for them to marry, "Give her what she wants. Attention. Appear before her yourselves and make a personal appeal."

As Lady Danbury continues to give Daphne and Simon advice on how to go about this the correct way, I look over at Anthony to see him doing the same thing and I sighed to mouth, "Do you think she is speaking the truth? The way she says might work?" as Anthony slightly shrugged to silently signal that maybe it will, you never know with Lady Danbury. Which is true, that woman definitely knows her way with the ton people, especially the people of royalty.

"Good, now where is the dinner I was promised?" Lady Danbury asked as Violet subtly smiled and led her to the dining room, leaving the four of us alone in the room.

After a few more moments of silence, Simon decides to join the lead of going to the dining room as Anthony mouths to me, "I'll talk to you later okay?"
I nod my head yes and Anthony follows behind Simon as I turn to look at Daphne, who is worried out of her mind about all of this.

"I have faith that this will turn out to go according to plan," I said as Daphne sighed and respond, "I stole his fate. He will never forgive me for that."

"No, you didn't. Neither did he, it was a spur of a moment you felt connected with each other. Blame shouldn't be a factor in this," I reply as Daphne lightly nods her head and looks at me like she has a question.

"What would you and Anthony do if the Queen were to get in between the courtship?" Daphne asked as I looked at her concerned.

"First, I hope that doesn't happen because I don't see myself being with anyone else but him. Second, I don't believe Queen Charlotte would want entertainment that badly to do so," I said as I hear Daphne laugh a little to then continue, "But Anthony and I of course would be devastated if that were to happen."

Now I'm just hoping Simon and Daphne can put on a good enough show for the Queen to approve of their matrimony license. Apparently, they did because the plans of arrangements were in effect after the appeal.

-After The Wedding-

The wedding was beautiful as ever, although the only guests at the ceremony were Lady Danbury as well as me and the rest of the Bridgerton, which gave the feelings a more personal touch. As the celebratory ball is going on, I look around to see Anthony making his rounds to thank the guests for coming when I spot a familiar red-headed lady looking unhappy with her cousin talking to Colin. I walk over to Penelope and asked, "Is everything alright Pen?" as she shook her head.

"I just know something's amiss and I fear Colin is going to be blindsided when it comes to the surface," Penelope says as I nod my head in understanding, I know Penelope has been friends with Colin for a long time and that she cares deeply about him.

"Sometimes it's best to allow him to figure things out on his own, or exactly what you said, let it blow up in his face," I said as Penelope softly smiled and sighed.

"So how are things with you and Anthony?" Penelope asked as I look towards his direction to see the Queen potentially introducing him to someone. Perhaps for a new acquaintance to add to the list until I saw the look on Benedict's face, which was not very pleasing or inviting.

"Things are going rather greatly between us, couldn't be anymore happier about the courtship," I respond as I debate if I should be worried about what could be happening over there in the section of the room, but my answer comes pretty quickly when Eloise makes haste, to where I'm standing with Penelope, with a worrisome look on her face.