17

-Y/N's POV-

"Miss Edwina and Kate Sharma are here to see you, my lady," Josie says announcing the two ladies as they walk into the drawing-room to greet me, with Isa and Charlie still in bed asleep, pulling my attention away from the book I was currently reading.

"What can I do for you-" I start to say with a smile on my face before dropping it when I see the expressions on their faces, they got news about something, and it's not good, not in the slightest, "What's wrong?"

"The Queen could be looking over the nuptials and she perhaps might decide to help out with the planning," Edwina says as I could feel my heart drop to my stomach before Kate mentions, "We, alongside our mother, Lady Danbury, and Anthony are actually due to meet with her later this evening to discuss them over tea. Thought you'd want to be aware of it since you're in a way involved."

I nodded my head before I start processing what was told and then respond, "Thank you for telling me, hope it all goes well in favor of whatever upcoming plan is next."

"Oh, it will, because that's not the only reason we're here," Edwina says before she takes a seat beside me as Kate takes the other, "We're also here so that we can help you get a start on your wedding planning."

"Maybe we can secretly take control over what the Queen is planning for Edwina and Anthony," Kate whispers to Edwina as she leans in with a smirk.

"Woah, Woah, we are not going to do that first of all," I said as I get up from my seat to both the girls' surprise, "I appreciate the offer, but I don't feel comfortable going behind someone highly ranked like the Queen. As much as I would like to, it's far too dangerous to undermine her. We don't know how far her influence takes her."

"You're right, sorry for suggesting to do a thing like that," Kate responds as she and Edwina share a look that I have yet to decipher between the two of them, "At least tell us what your dream of how your wedding would be?"

I sighed and said, "I don't quite know what to say to that because that dream has already happened, just not as serious as this time would be."

"What do you mean by that statement?" Edwina asks as she and Kate look at me curiously before I sat back down in my seat to tell them the story of what happened when I was the mere age of 8 and Anthony was merely 10.

After I concluded the story, I could see Edwina's eyes start to tear up and I quickly said, "No, no, don't cry. It's not a sad story and besides, don't forget about having tea with the Queen."

"I know it's not a sad story, and I'm not about to cry, don't worry about that," Edwina says as she lays her hand above mine as Kate adds in, "It's a beautiful story, and awfully the sweetest one at best."

"I would give everything I have to be able to actually do it this time, but it's impossible now," I said as the girls look at me confused before all three of us hear a groggy voice cut the confusion with, "No, it isn't."

We turn to see Isa standing in the doorway with Charlie right beside her and I ask her, "Why do you think it isn't impossible to achieve?"

"You and Anthony had an army back then to help you pretend, why not say you still have an army to make it a reality?" Isa responds as Charlie nodded his head to say, "I know it's going to be difficult not having them there, but they're going to still be there, just in spirit."

"Have to agree with your wise younger siblings there, Y/N, you and Anthony deserve to have something that beautiful again," Kate says as I give her a small smile and respond, "I think Anthony might not go through with it, but maybe you're correct." whispering the first line to myself.