14 The Voice

POV Hamish

I glance at Harris and Hubert, they both are keeping an eye on Hiccup. He has been doing some sort of inventions in one of the tents on the past days.

"So you boys are keeping a watch on Merida's man?" My father's voice laughed behind of me. I placed the blade that I was sharpening to table.

"Of course we are dad! We barely know him," I said as I look back at the tent where Hiccup is. I'm keeping an eye on the left exit as my brother's are on the right one.

"Merida said that she dislikes you three stalking Hiccup," dad sighed.

"Well it's Mer who we speak about, I would be surprised if she wouldn't be annoyed," I laughed.

"Go hunting?" Dad said.

"Ducks or zombies?" I grinned.

"Zombies but ducks would make wonderful dinner," he sighed.

I nodded my head while smiling slyly, "Okay so zombies and ducks. On it!"

I left my dad and I walk outside from this tent. "Yo! Hubert and Harris! Time to do some real stuff," I called them and soon they run to me.

"What is it Hamish?" Hubert asked as he threw his bow to his shoulder.

"Dad wants that we kill some zombies and get him a duck," I chuckled.

"It's not duck hunting season!" Harris whined.

"Pffft! Let's just shoot a chicken for him. Ducks and chickens are birds, he will just eat it without realizing the difference," Hubert laughed.

"Agreed!" I hummed.

"Let's get Merida with us. We can't let her stay here with that suspicious guy. Who knows if he will try a move on her," Harris said quietly and nodded towards the tent where Hiccup was doing something.

Hubert went to get Merida. She was really happy to go out beyond the fenced area. She was all about wanting to be free and such. Of course our mom was against it like she usually is with about everything when it comes to our lives being at stake.

Merida and Hubert joined us when we were almost half way to the gate. We pass the camp sites that people have set up on our land because it's the safest place to be.

"You guys should really give some slack to Hiccup. He is a good guy, much more gentle than you are," Merida groaned as I pull the gate open.

"You don't say?" Harris grinned mischievously.

"That's not what I meant!" Merida hissed as she slipped out from the gate. A zombie was limping towards her and she took her knife from her waist.

"Then what did you mean?" I asked as I close the gate behind us.