18 Long Walk

POV Kristoff

Anna is feeding our son, Kristian, in one of the guest rooms at Merida's place. She turns around on the bed and smiles when she notices me standing at the doorway.

"Hey, I didn't hear you coming," she smiles and supports herself to her elbow.

"Well one thing we learned on the run was how to be silent," I laugh as I go to her. I place my axe to lay against the wall as I sit next to her on the bed. Our child is against her side, sleeping peacefully.

"True but it wasn't easy," she laughed and pulls me down for a kiss.

I laugh after our kiss, "You are so eager to speak sometimes and loudly. I have no doubt to imagine how hard it must have been for you." I teased her and quickly she frowned, slapping me to my hand.

Then her expression was sadder, I immediately knew what was on her mind. "How is your sister holding up?"

"She's really devastated. Trying to push people away from her, especially Jack. She thinks that she's ruined and not suitable for his eyes anymore. It's only one more month until her child will be born," Anna sighed.

"I can't blame her. She went through a hell until she managed to escape," I whisper and kiss Anna's forehead.

Anna nodded her head and touched my arm. "Listen, I'll be scavenging with Hiccup today. We're going to search for some material to strengthen the barriers around safe areas," I told her as I stand up again.

"Just be careful?" She smiles.

"Of course, like always. I have a good reason to come back home unharmed," I chuckled and gave her one last kiss before heading out.

Hiccup was already waiting for me outside Merida's house. He was pretty nervous looking.

"What's up now smartass?" I laughed and punched his shoulder. That guy sure is skinny.

"I... well, I would like us to go into jewelry store while we're out," he hummed.

"To buy something? Listen, the retailers are most likely dead," I laugh.

"Well, take it as a loan then. I'm really keen on proposing to Merida," he mumbled and ruffled his hair while we were walking towards the gate.

"Whoa! You know that her brother's might disagree?" I grin. Hiccup nodded his head slowly and glanced at me. He was carrying a small flame thrower over his shoulder and a sword was hanging from his waist. Not a usual sword but he could make it turn into flames.

"This is just something that I would like to do Kristoff. You and Anna got married and had a kid even though world is really messed up," he sighed as Guy opened up the gate. Guy came here with Croods family a while back. They had escaped some sort of disaster earlier.