16 Hood Over Dead Heart

POV Jack

I'm in some town, maybe one day of travel from Merida's town. Well, normally you would do the drive in about 4 hours but considering the fact that there's a zombie outbreak, it really slows you down.

It's snowing and I feel myself being covered by a thin layer of snow as I lay on a roof top. I've been like this for hours, aiming at passing zombies and then shooting them with my sniper rifle.

It has been couple weeks since North told me to get rid of the biggest amount of zombies in Scotland. They had gone to other countries, the Guardians are now scattered wide in the world to work.

I take my eyes off from the scope and I rub on the sides of my nose. My eyes are aching.

Suddenly something clattered on the ground level and I look through the scope again. Just some more zombies.

I sigh before aiming at one of the three. They're just limping around, not knowing what's happening.

"Lights out,"I said as I pulled the trigger. I watch from the scope of how it's head explodes after the impact. Then I turn my attention to the other two.

Something's off.

I notice how one of the three zombies was acting weirdly, before it had been moving along with the zombies. Limping like it was dead but now, this hooded creature was like.. looking around. I place my rifle down and I took my binoculars.

When I watch down I see that now the zombie was acting... well, like a zombie again. I reach out to my rifle again and I decided to kill the zombie next to the hooded zombie. One clean shot and it was gone. However the gunshot made the other zombie flinch. They don't usually care of stuff like that, maybe just try to attack towards the noise but something is now different.

"I'm gonna check this one out closer. Punzie will be happy to get a fresh test subject anyway," I whisper as I change my rifle to my staff.

Quickly I run down from the rooftops. As I jumped on top of a dumpster near the hooded zombie it started to run. Run away?

"HEY!" I yelled as I ran after it. It didn't react to my sound like I hoped it would.

Then it made a mistake, I knew from my time being up on the roof top that it run into alley that would be a dead end. It ran close to the wall of a building and I got it cornered.

Just in case I took out my knife and I threw my staff to ground. I see how the zombie tries to get inside from side building's window.

When I was about to climb in I went to grab it from the shoulder. I ended up being kicked into my groin which made me yelp. Gladly I was able to block her hit to my leg as I made one quick and small turn.

"LET ME GO!" A voice screamed. I knew that voice. I forced her to turn around and I pull the hood down from her cape.She had made her face look messy with those things blood, to distract them.