20 The Battle of Survival

POV Hiccup

I rub my cold shoulders. "Oh do I wish that Baymax would be here with us," I groaned.

"Why?" Kristoff asked. His voice was a bit shaky because of the cold. We just finished loading our new car with equipment. It took a while for me to fix but now everything seems to be in order.

I glance at Kristoff and I laugh nervously. "I-it has a built-in heating system?" I chuckled insecurely. He sure would be much happier with Hiro and his balloon friend.

"WHAT?" Kristoff gulped and I hush him quickly. Even though this city area should be safe from runners there might be a few of regular ones limping around. And we need to save our strength.

"Yup, Hiro's friend has all the nice things in it," I grinned and Kristoff groaned.

We climbed inside the car and began our journey back to the camp. The ring that I got for Merida is still inside my pocket. Throwing the question at her makes me feel really excited and terrified at the same time. She might just say no or punch me.

"Don't turn on the heating," I told to Kristoff. Otherwise even this car might break. After just being sitting outside for months without anyone using it, well, it takes its toll. I start up the car.

"Alright," Kristoff replied. It was a real pain to search for a car that could go on slightly slushy roads. It needs to have certain type of tires and quite high so it won't get stuck.

We drove for some time until we saw something coming towards us.

"Lets' turn off the lights," I whispered. The day was turning into evening and sun was setting down.

We stop in the edge of the road. We were waiting eagerly that they would just drive past us. There were some vehicles, clearly following the old tracks which we made earlier. However what I'm worrying about is the fact that this car we're driving has some really fresh tracks.

You never know who you will meet on the road. One thing we learned, they are either friendly or the enemy.

We dive down so our heads wouldn't be seen. Hopefully they won't notice the tracks or how our car windows are melted. Hopefully it's dark enough already.

We waited, I heard the sound of passing cars.

"OH shit," Kristoff gasped when the vehicle stopped. We heard it backing up. My heart began to beat rapidly.

"Be ready," I whispered when I took knife from my belt. Kristoff reached to his axe on the back seat.

They stopped the engine and car doors opened and then were slammed closed. We heard them speaking, we couldn't hear clearly but some people were chatting.

I get ready to stab when I hear them getting close to the driver's door. It was being opened.

Without waiting longer I attack when the door opened. The person dodged my attempt and I fell to snow.

"What the hell! HICCUP!" I heard a voice cheering. I glance up and I see Jack lowering his staff. He was in protecting position.

"Jack?" I gulped.

"Where the hell have you two been?" He laughed and gave me his hand. I saw stunned Kristoff getting out from our car. Jack pulled me up from the ground and wiped some slushy snow off from my clothes.

"Getting supplies to strengthen the wall. We had car trouble," I grinned. Jack just smiled happily.

"We've been worried sick! Merida was about to strangle her brothers when they didn't let her come with us, " Flynn winked his eye.