6 Going Down?

POV Hiccup

This kid is really trying to show that he is smarter than me and unfortunately it seems to be so. It was his plan for us to get into steering room and try to get this ship to shore. Anywhere, just to get us out from this death trap at sea. He has a point, we can’t stay here for long since first of all we would run out of food. That’s why we cannot stay in one place and hide until it’s clear. 

“Which way was it again?” Anna asked from Hiro smiling while we were walking in the corridor. “It’s here, I think,” Hiro said and pointed forward. “I’m so glad that we were able to find a tour guide!” Flynn said aloud and threw his rifle to shoulder from the strap.

“Yeah,” Hiro said and the squeaking sound got louder when the nursing robot ran after Hiro. It was really drawn into him. I could see that Hiro wasn’t fine, it’s the look when person has missed something great. I knew that because I had seen it back when Elsa thought she had lost Jack.

I hurried my steps and went closer to Hiro, “Hey kid.” I started and he looks at me. “Yeah I can do some modifications to that flame throwing leg of yours,” he grinned. It made my jaw drop open but then I cleared my throat. “It’s perfectly fine as the way it is but I can see that you’re not alright. What’s the deal?” I asked.

Hiro glanced at me and then to floor. When he lifted his gaze and was about to say something I heard Punzie’s muffled scream. We all turned around and looked at her, she was pointing forward.

“Oh crap,” Hiro mumbled as he was the first to look at the way where Punzie pointed. Just where we were supposed to climb up the stairs and go to room where they steer the ship was a massacre. Crewmen were being eaten by a pack of zombies. They were zombies that were still looking quite normal people but with their flesh being chewed on, torn by someone else’s teeth and desire to feed.

Actually it makes me more sick to see just recently turned people than the ones who had been zombies for longer time and who are already rotting. The rotten ones you can kill without any hesitation, just slice their heads off and it’s much easier to stuff your knife inside their heads. The fresh zombies, well, you need more force and you can feel how the knife scratches the skull while it slides in. Also it’s bad to see a fresh zombie face to face since you can still see them more of a person with their eyes looking at you, it can paralyze you and then you might end up bitten. It’s like you have to abandon all of your humanity to fight them off.

“WAKE UP!” I feel a punch on my shoulder and I look into Merida’s turquoise blue eyes were staring at me and her expression was serious. “Oh, right!” I chuckled and run after her and others.

“THIS WAY!” Hiro shouted and he runs into stairway leading up. He was the fastest and smoothest runner. And when we were about  half way to the next floor we heard a yell and loud steps running down. “DEFINITELY NOT THAT WAY!” Hiro screamed and patted Merida’s shoulder as he passed us.

“What now?” Merida groaned and then we heard it. Loud screams. Banging. Then the sound of chain breaking and soon someone was falling down. The person fell in front of me and I see that it’s a woman with snowy looking skin, deep red full lips and raven black short hair.

“Help us,” she whispers and holds her hand up. I was about to grab on it, help her up but then Merida pulled me back. “She’s bitten,” Merida whispered and I look at the girl. Her neck had a bite mark. My eyes flashed open and then I see how a light brown haired guy runs down, helping her up.

“We need to run,” the guy tells to the girl. “But Charming,” the girl exhales and looks into his brown eyes. Then the guy looks at us, “You should run too. I just barely managed to block the door again after I broke the chains for our escape.” My eyes wander to look at his white shirts sleeve where the blood red shade is slowly spreading. “Good luck. Come on Snow,” the guy tells us before taking Snow’s hand and runs down the stairs.