Twenty three

Cassy was a massive conflict in the black class. But the other classes were much more cooperative. No issues no arguments. Only the black class was a pain in my ass. So I was glade when it was over

At lunch time I went to the headmasters office. He was there doing some work but it disappeared when I walked inside.
"Agh Gemini. Glade you could make it." He said getting up from his desk
"What's the problem? I asked him. "Had it got something to do with the colder temperatures?" I asked him as he walked to the front of his desk looking at me.
"No nothing to do with that. Actually it's about you." He said before a small box appeared in his hand. "Now the choice is yours if you wish to show it but when you returned to the school I felt something was off almost immediately. And upon looking I discover your ranking had changed" he said.
"It fluctuates that's normal." I said like it was nothing. The headmaster picked up the box and handed it to me
"Yes I understand that but this is more then fluctuation." He said as I took the box and opened it. A white tie sat inside the box now. "You have ranked to white level ranking. You are now one of 6 people alive with white level power. Personally I am curious as to how but I know how secretive you are so I won't pry."
"so what does this mean?" I asked now looking at the white tie that looked like it had a slight glow to it
"Because of your ranking and sole person in the school you have options. Since the towers won't let you in with your white tie you can have your own area. It will take a couple days for the school to shift to build a white ranking section for you with your own common room and stuff. Or you can keep the black tie and nothing happens." My own space. It might be ideal. I am sick of cassy harassing me and I don't want her snooping though my stuff anymore.
"Can I invite people into the space?" I asked him
"Yes that would be allowed they just can't enter of their own free will." He explained to me.
"I would like my own space but I want to avoid advertising my white rank until after the space is finalised." I told him
"Of course." He told me before moving to go back to his seat "keep the tie with you." He added as he sat down
"Was there anything else?" I asked him
"No that is all you can leave now." He said waving me off like it was not a big deal. How could he treat this like it wasn't a big deal.

I didn't get the chance to walked out he wave his hand and then the door was in front of me and closed. White ranking is extremely high yet he is treating it like it's nothing. I didn't even know what to do. I was still in shock. I didn't feel that strong. I didn't feel like I deserved a white tank to begin with.
"Is everything okay?" I turned to see professor Floral. She stood there looking at me like she was waiting for something.
"Yeah just thinking." I spoke as I turned to leave but stopped. "Have you heard from Olivia?" I asked her
"No. I wouldn't except to either." She said. My expression gave away how upset I was "are you sure you are okay?" She asked me worried now
"I haven't heard from her since she left. It's been two weeks and not a single letter or phone call. I was calling her every day but the phone stopped ringing saying the number I was calling had been disconnected. I'm worried something happened to her." I spoke before I have a heavy sigh now "or maybe it was just a fling for her and she isn't contacting me as a way of breaking up with me." I added. I avoided thinking like that because it breaks my heart. Would she actually do something like that?
"I will ask her headmaster and see what she knows about Olivia." Professor Floral spoke. I gave a nod before rushing off as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I wanted to talk to her so badly. She would be the only one who would be happy for me and not treat me like I was a constantly changing monster.

I returned to my room to try and call Olivia but I got the same thing as usual. The number you are calling does not exist please check the number and try again. Maybe it's just because she is in Australia? She did mention that her reception was spotty where she lives. But if that's the case why not write. And she doesn't have social media because of her parents. They are so strict on her they won't allow it otherwise I would try to tract her down and message her on there.
"You are being very isolated." I looked up at Philip as he walked into my room uninvited.
"Just thinking." I said as he sat on the bed beside me now.
"So what did the headmaster want?" He asked me now. I didn't answer him. I just kept my eyes on my phone like I was expecting it to ring any second and it be Olivia. "Hey. What's wrong?" Philip nudged me now.
"Olivia hasn't contacted me in two weeks. No letters or phone calls and i try every day to contact her." I told him "do you think maybe it was just a fling for her? Like I was just another person to her?" I asked in a whisper. I wanted to break down and cry.
"What?! No. Olivia loves you. Even I know that. I saw that in the way she looked at you and it might have only been for a short period of time but I know what live looks like especially when it comes to seeing peoples auras." Philip spoke as if I had got crazy. Hell I felt like I was going crazy.
"Then why won't she call me back or write to me?" I asked looking at him a few tears fell from my eyes now
"Maybe something is happening at home and she can't get time away? I do remember overhearing her say her parents are homophobic. Maybe she's scared they will find out if she calls or writes." Philip suggested. What if her parents opened one of my letters and saw it? In the first few I wrong I wasn't shy about details. Especially sexual ones. What if her parents found them and she got caught and is in trouble?
"Do you know anything about Olivia's parents?" I asked him worried now
"No. I don't know anything about her except what you have told mw and what's known to the public." Philip said like it was obvious. "Why what are you thinking now?"
"I'm worried her parents got the letters I wrote her and she can't respond because she got caught out?" I told him.
"I don't know it's all a far stretch. Maybe you should just wait until the girls school resumes and send a letter to her there." Philip suggested "you have your own work to focus on and im sure Olivia will be back before you know it." He tried to reassure me but I just had this bad feeling. I feel like it's over between her and I. Like the girl of my dreams had slipped away from me and I didn't even realise. Am I just destined to be miserable my entire life?

I'm sorry this is taking so long guys. Turns out I'm shit at drawing comics 😅 but I'm still working on it because I have wanted to drawn graphic novels since I can remember. In the meantime I'm taking what little time I have between two jobs and two children to try and write this book when I have little to no ideas left for the small stuff. I have tried to talk about story ideas with a friend who reads this but she's team Blake 100%. But everyone is free to reach out to me to if they want to discuss options for the book. Or anything regarding the book. Thank you guys for being so patient with me. You are all the best.