Nine

I didn't sleep much. The nightmares came back again, it was just the same thing over and over again. The demon crawling out of the ground and coming after me while I sat there paralysed unable to run away fight back or scream. Every time I closed my eyes that was all I could see. Sometimes I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth. By the time the sun rose, I was awake and patting Luca. I was so happy to have him back in my arms again, I missed him more than anything else. Sitting up in my bed I looked around my room that I still shared with Rachel but she wasn't in here judging by the state of her bed she hasn't slept in here for a few days. Rachel doesn't make her bed. And only on Wednesday do the pixies Change the bedsheets and make the beds in the black tower. And her bed was still perfectly crisp with new sheets. I looked at Luca as he woke up sitting up he gave this adorable puppy yawn and stretched that he does. Getting out of my bed I decided to shower first hoping it woke make me feel somewhat alive. Heading to the bathroom I dragged my feet across the ground lacking the energy to actually pick them up properly. Getting to the bathroom I had a nice warm shower that made me feel better. Not physically because I still physically felt like shit. But more, mentally ready for the day. The shower made me feel mentally refreshed even tho my body was telling me to go get fucked and go back to bed. I debated it for a long time but decided I needed to get back into a routine so no one found out that anything was going. I am Gemini. I am a powerful chimera! I stood up straight looking at myself in the mirror before I cringed holding my ribs. I thought the potion I was given before coming back would have healed me completely. Not unless this is just muscle pain? You can't heal overworked muscles. I needed to get back to running, for now, to get moving again. Getting dressed into long gym leggings and a simple grey tank top. The tank top exposed my badly bruised arms neck and chest. I definitely looked like hell. I looked at my messy hair which was now pushing a bob cut. I pulled my hair up into a small ponytail a few locks that were too short fell out here and there. Looking at myself in the mirror one last time I wanted to cry again. Reaching up to my face I touched the scars that started all of this. I was only 15 at the time and I tried to rescue a werewolf that was possessed by a demon. I had been trained in basic exorcisms I had everything under control but Dante interfered not knowing I was trying to help the werewolf which resulted in me losing control of the situation and being clawed in the face. The venom from a werewolf's claws can turn or kill a human. It turned me and for a long time, I just believed I got lucky. Now I understand it was just the way my blood worked. The scars are just an ugly memory now. One that can never be erased.

With Luca by my side, I left my room heading down the stairs and into the common room. I expected people. I expected to be flooded with questions. But I got nothing and no one. Slightly relieved I kept walking and left the tower. A groan escaped my lips because of the staircase. I mean it is two hundred and fifteen steps. I preferred the Russian dorms. I thought as I slowly made my way down the square spiralling staircase and to the bottom. Maybe I should eat breakfast before I go and train. I thought as my stomach growled. Changing direction I headed towards the dining hall. The doors were open and the chatter from inside told me that most of the students were there. Luca presses the side of his adolescent body against my leg for comfort before we turned to go into the dining hall. A few people noticed me and turned to whisper to someone else and they whispered to another person. By the time I made it to my regular seat the room had gone quiet as everyone looked in my direction. Smile and pretend everything's ok. Smile and pretend everything is ok. I told myself over and over again as I smiled at the guys. Ian was to my left like normal and Blake across from me. Jason sat to Blake left and Kyle to Blake's right Philip was on Ian's left and across from him was Ryker. None of them dared to sit in my seat like they expected me to show up. Especially since to my right was Racheal and a girl I didn't know next to her. None of them spoke. They just stared at me like I was a ghost. The staring was breaking at my walls and making me want to run away and cry.
"Food looks good," I said just to break the agonising silence.
"You should be in bed resting," Kyle spoke sternly reminding me how weak I was.
"I'm fine now it's just a few bruises." I told him with a grin in hopes to convince him I was fine "swear I'm on the mend now. Being out of commission for so long and stuck on a liquid diet I need some real food and exercise to get myself back to full energy." I explained hoping they would buy the lie and praying Philip wouldn't sell me out.
"Take it easy for now," Kyle said expressing concern for me and I gave him a reassuring smile before turning to Rachel
"I hope you have been keeping out of trouble," I said to her. She mumbled something about Ryker being here but I didn't understand most of it without my advanced hearing
"Oh, this is my friend Cassy." Rachel said changing the subject now. I gave the girl a smile before realising she was Definitely older than me.
"Good morning," I said to be polite and she tilted her head slightly
"I expected you to be taller." She said confused as she looked at me. I forced a laugh and nodded
"I normally have an extra inch in height but I didn't wear my normal shoes today," I explained her. She was pretty. Long brown hair. Dark brown eyes and a fair complexion. Oh, I remember seeing her messing around with Blake when I got back. He was all over her. Was she the woman that his loyalties shifted to? I didn't say anything just smiled at her before turning back to get some pancakes to eat.
"You don't seem yourself." Blake pointed out. I looked at him
"I went a round with Lilith I'm thankful to be alive still," I said my tone came across bitter then I expected. Jason laughed not believing me
"I highly doubt you went a round with the actual Lilith. It was probably just a projection or something." Jason said talking to me like I was stupid.
"Probably," I said not arguing with him. I normally would but I didn't care. I had no pride in myself now. My wolf normally wouldn't stand for someone implying I was a lier. Now i couldn't care less. "It felt real whatever it was," I added putting a piece of the syrup drowned pancake that we cut up into my mouth.
"Should you really be having so much sugar right now if you have only had liquid food lately?" Ian ask I understood he was concerned as well but the concern was pissing me off and making me feel weak.
"It's fine," I said harshly
"It could shock your system," Ian added. Pathetic that's how I felt right now. But I channelled that into rage slamming my folk on the table I glared at the
"I am fine! I don't need any of you to look after me!" I yelled getting up
"We are concerned!" Blake yelled getting up
"If you were that fucking worried about me you could have helped when it mattered. But none of you were there to help and I sacrificed everything to close a fucking demon gate so don't sit here and remind me of what I went there. I was fucking there you weren't!" I yelled before Stormed out of there tears threatening my eyes. Once out of the hall I broke into a sprint needed to get away from everyone so I could cry in peace. I settled on a broom closet and sat inside sobbing quietly in the darkness with Luca I'm my arms