Twenty seven

The holidays came quicker then I thought it would. The girls school would reopen after the holidays and I was hoping to hear from Olivia when that happened. Until then I was going home to speak with Wes. He knows more about anything then anyone else alive.

Getting off the train with other students I saw my mum waiting for me. I approached her and she looked excited.
"Hey mum." I said hugging her before Kyle came bouncing over
"Mum!" He spoke excited hugging her as well. She laughed hugging him back. I looked at Kyle wondering what he was doing.
"Are you coming home with us? I wasn't aware." Mum spoke looking at Kyle confused
"Oh I got a flight out this afternoon going to catch up with Ryker." Kyle told her smiling
"Oh speaking of which. Gem honey. I got a phone call a couple days ago from rykers group. They are having troubles with relocating an amp- Um a snake in a desert." She told me
"amphivena" I said
"Yes that's it." She said. I sighed now
"I made it clear in my reports not to send men to that creature." I said exhausted now.
"Why?" Kyle asked sounding confused "and what is that?" He asked me
"An amphivena is a two headed snake. There are different types some have wings and some have two feet. Some have both. This particular one is just a snake with two heads one at each end of its body. Highly venomous." I explained to him
"Why not send men of its so dangerous?" He asked confused
"It's a creature born from the gorgon Medusa. Most gorgons can create different types of snake creatures. amphivena are specifically hers and they don't like men no matter how gentle. It will try and kill every male it encounters."
"I don't understand why." Kyle spoke
"Medusa was assaulted by other gods to protect her sisters." I told Kyle and he got quiet now.
"Well anyway they asked if you would fly over and help with it." Mum spoke
"I guess so. It's not like i have anything to do." I told her rubbing my neck now because I just wanted to rest. Mum looked at me now "why don't we make a holiday out of it. I know rykers team would be on it. So what if we all headed out together. Make it a little family trip." I suggested knowing mum would love the idea of it.
"Oh really. That would be so lovely. I'll get on arranging the flights right away." Mum said as she went to the car. I got in and so did Kyle.

After going home I laid down to rest while mum made the arrangements. After a while I packed a bag because I remembered that the amphivena was located in the Australian desert. It was smuggled out of the Sahara desert. It escaped capture and has been running a muck in the Australian desert disrupting sacred land. I'm hoping I can deal with this quickly and have time to go find Olivia. I know she doesn't want me showing up at her parents home but I need to see her desperately.
"Gem!" I heard mum yell out. Leaving my room I headed downstairs
"Yes mum?" I said looking at her
"Are you ready to go?" She asked me.
"Yeah. I'll just grab my bag." I said
"Okay. Are you okay you seem anxious?" Mum spoke looking at me. I gave a heavy sigh now.
"Olivia is in Australia. I was hoping once I help contain the amphivena I can go find her. I haven't seen or hear from her in over a month. I'm worried about her and I miss her so much." I told mum express how worried I was. Mum came over and gave me a hug now
"You should have said something. I'll do what I can to help you. I have some connections. She's a witch right. I will reach out to the fae in Australia." She told me. I nodded slightly
"Thank you mum." I whispered before going to get my belongings.

After we got to the airport I paced around the area anxious now. Kyle was excited we got his economy seat upgraded to business class with beds since we would be on the plane for the next 18 hrs.
"Why is she so anxious?" Kyle asked mum now.
"Olivia." Was all mum said looking at him
"Is she meeting us on the other end?" Kyle asked confused now
"No. After Gem does what she needs to do with that creature she's going to find Olivia. So she's anxious about the whole situation." Mum explained to Kyle now.
"Oh. I understand now." Kyle spoke. Anxious is an understatement I'm freaking the fuck out. If this wasn't an official job I would have just used a portal to get there. But I have to follow human transports because without it I can get in a lot of trouble with the government. That's the last thing I want to do right now. Looking up as our plane was boarding it felt like everything was going to come crashing down on me at any minute and I didn't know what to do.