♣️21.

TEJASSWI'S OFFICE
A DAY BEFORE
5:00 P.M.

"So Umar's an actor ?" She wriggled her eyebrows as karan told her about umar and rashami
" Do you think umar still loved her after their breakup ? " She asked curiously
" I have no idea. I met umar only once at a party. Rashami was there with me as we were there to shoot for a scene. But the way they interacted was too awkward. It didn't look like they left things on a good note " He explained and she hummed

*******

TEJASSWI'S HOUSE

"What happened ? " Pratik asked as he saw her bandaged hand . He helped her with the water she was trying to pour but was unable to .

" Nothing. A small injury " She shrugged him off

" That doesn't look small teja " He turned her around and took her hand .
" Did you see a doctor ?" He asked and she nodded. " Has he given any medicines or ointments ?" He enquired.

" Yeah i just took them before you came. Look " She answered showing him the empty packet of medicine

" I am going to sleep , i have an early day tomorrow . Tell me if you need anything " He patted her shoulder and left while she nodded .

"Tejasswi  where have you kept the documents ? We have to leave for the  hearing  in 5 minutes " She managed to open her sleepy eyes and looked at her boss standing in her front of her . They had to leave and here she couldn't even open her eyes . Every inch of her body pained and her head exploded  " It's with me. " She managed to say in her croaked voice .Lucky for her , her boss never bothered with employees so she didn't have to explain about her bad health.
" Good. Bring it with you to the hearing" he said and left

She had fever yesterday so she had taken medicine but maybe it only worked for a few hours. She had to complete documenting the proofs so she was up almost all night . He eyes kept closing but she forced herself up with several cups of black coffee. She was still in the internship period and couldn't do any mistake . In the morning when she felt the fever didn't go down she wanted to go to the hospital but felt the doctor fees would  a useless expense to add onto other important expenses .

" Excuse me? This isn't your house that you are sleeping like that . Kaamchor. Get up and prepare coffee for the guests " She woke up startled. She fell asleep after coming from hearing on her desk due to severe pain. The manager shouted at her and left mumbling .

She controlled herself from saying anything to these heartless creatures.
" Mom I wish you were here. " She whispered in her brokedn voice . " I miss how you used to pamper me when i got sick . No one cares now. None " A tear fell from her eyes which she wiped away immediately.

She switched ont he lights of her small house . It was merely a house . One small room , kitchen and a bathroom . Nothing else. She looked around tired as the house was messed with pratik's books , clothes and toys

" Maasi? " she called out
" Tejudi , tu agayi " Pratik came and hugged her but instantly pulled apart.
" Tu garam kyu ho rahi hai ?" He asked her .Teja tried to put on a smile for him
" Mai garmi se ayi na . Isliye " She gently patted his cheeks
" Maasi kaha hai? " she asked looking around
" Woh bol rahi thi unhe dusre kaam pe jana hai . Aur pata hai mujhe biryani khilake gayi  " He replied running around .