♣️26.

" You didn't tell me who that guy was ? "
She turned to him sighing.
" He was a friend karan. There's nothing else to tell"
" I can see when you lie Teja. It's in your eyes. Why can't you just tell me ? "
" Karan. There. Is . Nothing. to . tell " She strenly said
" Yeah right. It's all over your face. I never pestered you to open up ever regarding your parents. I know how sensitive the topic is .because i understand you. " He said a little irritated " But can't you just understand me a little bit here? Compromise a little just like i have been doing ? Letting  me know a little of who teja was  before meeting me ? " He asked hopefully
" What do you mean by compromise ? " She narrowed her eyes
" Is this all just a compromise for you?"
" No.. I - "
" Why are with me if all you do is compromise in this relationship while i am nothing just a heartless bitch here !" She screamed aggrevated
" What ? Where are you even taking this ? Don't twist my words for your convenience Tejasswi. "
" Fine if you don't want to share anyways who am i right ? " He said bitterly and walked past her
" Kar-" she shouted but he had already left. She facepalmed herself  and dig her nails in her hands making a fist and the nails imprint on the hands.

Why did she always mess up her relations? 

****

SUKHMANI HOSPTIAL
10:OO A.M

" We are going to start with the surgery soon . But we'll need extra bottles of blood in case the patient loses blood during the surgery " The doctor explained and she felt maasi's hand grip her tighter.

" Some of you will have to donate your blood . Maybe a blood relation " She paled a little hearing the doctor's words .She looked at maasi who looked equally worried at her .

" Don't worry. It's okay if you don't have the same blood group . We can exchange your with the one of patient's blood group from the bank " The doctor said lookng at her reaction and left. Teja relaxed a little and kept her hand on her chest to calm herself. The truth shouldn't be coming out like this .

Karan frowned .  He had noticed the exchange. He wondered what it was that made her go pale. This was not usual . Who would worry about donating blood , and that too for their brother.

****

" Does the patient have any medical history ? " The nurse asked  and teja nodded 

" Submit the files to us within an hour " She said and left.

" Teja you should go and get the files. Isi bahane fresh bhi ho jana . Take a shower , rest a little and then come. Ham sab hai yaha par " Maasi said and she shook her head.

" No maasi. I cannot. The surgery will be started in 10 minutes. I cannot go right now" He said stubbornly

" I want to be here during the surgery . What if .... What if something happens to him while ...." Karan didn't miss the crack in her voice .

" I'll go bring. You stay here. Is that okay ? " He offered and she looked at him doubtfully. She wasn't keen of the idea but there was no other option. She couldn't even ask Rohit. He was handling all the work back at office in her absense.

" Yeah , I guess " she murmured and then explained him where the files are kept. She gave him the key . He nodded like an obedient child .