♣️35.

He nodded too captivated by her , her presence , her proximity , her words. His eyes shifted to her lips which were so close to his. Her eyes glanced where his eyes went . And something in the atmoshphere did change too. Before they both knew , their lips were on each others' , letting out everything they felt.

None cared about the consequences. He was too emotional and under her influence to realise what were they doing. She for the first time after she met him after years didn't think from her mind. It just happened. He pulled her closer , grabbing her hair. The kiss was emotional. It was as if they were pouring in all the emotions they felt. The longing, How nuch they missed each other, The pain , The lingering feelings everything. 

A knock on the door brought them back to reality. Their eyes opened and reality sank in . For a moment they remained frozen in that position trying to understand what has just happened. Another knock and Teja was up on her feet jolting away from him . She turned opposite side from him and ran a hand through her face . Fixing her hair , She shouted " Come in "

" Ma'am the files you wanted " An employee kept the file , she nodded and he left .

" Tejas - "

" Before you say something , I know this shouldn't have happened " His face fell a little . He nodded masking his emotions

" Right , This shouldn't have happened "

" Karan , We are going to go our separate ways once this is over . This is all .... what just hap..... Umm this is all was heat of the moment. You get it right ? " She said seeing the expressions on his face. Did he want this to mean something ? Probably no right ? Given the history this couldn't happen. No. She wasn't ready for the same pain again . No , She wasn't doing this again. The risk of letting him in her life again. She knew how it is going to end  . Her with  a broken heart again. Every person she loved , left her . He will too . Again. It has happened again and she was stil picking up the shattered pieces he left behind. She wouldn't let that happen again.

" You are right. This was all just due to the case. " He pressed his lips in a thin line and swallowed a lump forming in his throat. Why did he think this kiss would mean something to her. She still hated him. She didn't want to see him ever again after the case. Which meant just 3 days more with her and then they'll go back to being strangers again .

" So , What do we do ? Pretend this never happened ? " He asked bitterly

" Yes. It's for the best "

***

" I checked in the police station . There was a complaint " Rohit informed on the call.

" There was ? Thankyou Rohit. Anything  else on Nandish Yet ? " She asked. Did this mean he was saying the truth ? when she was talking to him , it clearly looked like he was hiding something . But what would it be if he wasn't lying about anything .

" No , Nothing yet. He is not at home. I have checked at his office, they said he'll be reaching his office soon. Maybe he's on his way. I am driving to his office right now. "

" Good. Keep me updated . And be careful Rohit . No mistakes , This is our last chance " She said sternly and he nodded even though she couldn't see him .

***

" Okay. So is Umar at his home right now ? " She asked Prince over the call.