008. RELAX, BAMBI

008. RELAX, BAMBI 

Knocking on the door, Harry leaned his body against the wall, allowing his eyes to scan the small area.

A charming welcome mat that said, "FUCK OFF" and a dead plant on the ground beside it. Both items seemed extremely fitting for her - he expected nothing less. The light flickered in the distance and provided no help in illuminating the hallway. With the headache it started to give him, it was better off not being on at all.

As quickly as the front door opened, Rory went to swing it shut upon seeing his face. Unfortunately for her, Harry was fast and blocked the door from slamming shut.

"I have people over!"

He scoffed. "Nice try. We both know that's not true."

"Fine," she sighed, "But, I still have four days! This isn't fair!"

He pushed his hand against the door, prying it open further. "Relax, Bambi," he gruffed, stepping into her apartment. "I'm not here to kill you."

"Then why are you-" she cut herself off at the sight of him. Bruising and fresh blood was evident on the side of his face, the sight reminding her of the man she saw strapped to the chair a few nights ago. Swallowing her fear, she asked, "What happened?"

Harry was too busy looking at every inch of her bare front entry to answer her right away. "Nothing," he finally answered, adding a nonchalant shrug.

"God, you really are a maniac, aren't you?"

Maniac - that was a new nickname from her, he thought to himself.

Rory turned to walk away from him but was stopped by Harry grabbing hold of her wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I have a medical kit in the bathroom," she said, furrowing her brow at his confused glance. "To clean up the blood that's dripping down your face!"

He pulled her close. The scent of vanilla she always smelled like was intoxicating to him - in all the best ways. "If you want to do that, you gotta lick it up, sweetheart."

Harry prided himself on being someone who was never caught off-guard; on knowing his opponent's steps twenty moves ahead of what they had already planned. But what he never expected was for the vixen in front of him to take his comment to heart. The warmth of her tongue pressed against his jaw and ran up along the side of his face.

Bambi's doe-eyed glance met his and an innocent smile curved onto her lips. "You said to lick-"

Harry silenced her with a kiss and guided her body, roughly pushing her back against the front door. He could taste traces of his own blood on her tongue. A groan escaped, reminded of the wetness that lingered on his skin.

He was glad he didn't show up tonight with the intention to kill her. If Harry was being honest with himself, he had no answers as to why he was even here. There was an unexplainable yearning for her that pressed at the back of his mind. And before he had the chance to force it away, he found himself at her door.

The pain of slamming her head against the wood was a welcomed feeling. His kisses were wet and sloppy, moving from her mouth to go along her jaw and down her neck.

Pulling back, Rory was a whimpering mess underneath him as she attempted to regain control over her breathing. Mixed with the way her skin flushed as his eyes roamed over her attire, it wasn't an easy task for the poor Bambi.

"Why did you stop?" The question shocked them both, but Rory more - desiring his touch wasn't part of her plan.

"Just wanted to get a good look at you for a second," he whispered, running the palm of his hand up her bare thigh. In a pair of grey cotton pyjama shorts and an old shirt from her high school, he was taken aback by how beautiful she looked without even trying. "And say hi since I got a bit distracted when I first walked in."