020. CINEMA // POPSICLE

"A popsicle before dinner? Really?"

Rory stared at the man in her doorway with a confused look smacked across her face. "What are you doing here?"

"We made plans for dinner." Harry held up the plastic bag of take-out food in his hand. "We discussed it this morning, Bambi. Don't tell me you already forgot."

"I didn't forget," she said, a slight hint of defence laced in her tone. "I just didn't think you were serious."

"Why not?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I assumed it was your version of I'll call you later. You know, the line you give someone the morning after but never mean?"

"Are you trying to tell me that someone has been stupid enough not to call you the next day?"

"No. I'm the one that doesn't do the calling."

Harry grinned. "That's my girl."

That's my girl. The words replayed in her mind like it was on a constant loop. That's my girl. Each time it repeated, butterflies fluttered in her stomach. That's my girl.

"Rory?" His voice pulled her back into reality.

She blinked. "Yeah?"

"Are you going to let me inside? Or are you still trying to decide if I was serious this morning about saying I would bring over dinner?" He glanced down at the bag. "Because this pasta smells amazing, and I'm starving, Bambi."

Stepping aside to let him enter her apartment, she looked down at her clothes and popsicle in hand. "Now I feel underdressed. And sticky."

"Was that really going to be your dinner tonight?"

Finishing off the last of her popsicle, she rolled her eyes and muttered, "Maybe," under her breath and tossed the stick into the garbage.

Harry pulled her in for a kiss, savouring the taste of her treat that lingered behind in her mouth.

The kiss broke. Harry kept himself close, running his tongue across her stained red lips. "Delicious," he murmured. "What flavour was that?"

"Cherry."

He hummed a sound of approval. "I'll have to put those on my shopping list."

"They come in a value pack," she said, unsure of why she was rambling on in the first place. "Different flavours."

"Really?"

Rory nodded.

"Any other facts I should know?"

"Not that I can think of."

One fact did come to mind. She was glad as all hell she didn't try the blue raspberry flavour tonight. Otherwise, she would have stood in front of him with a blue tongue, looking like she had just sucked off a smurf.