(7)

Dream POV:
I woke up in my full form next to George, the events of yesterday flooding into my mind as I saw George pinned to the floor, Cody sniffing through his fur, trying to find his scent gland.

Ever since I saw it, I couldn't get it out of my head, the way that George was desperately trying to wriggle his way out of Cody's grasp broke my heart more and more. I didn't want to think about it, but that's all my mind wandered back to.

I didn't even notice the smaller male wake up beside me until he pressed his nose against my cheek, catching my attention.

"Whatcha thinking about?" George rasped tiredly.

"Nothing, you hungry?" I asked.

"Not really," George mumbled.

George laid his head down and I gently rested my head on top of his, closing my eyes as we snuggled closer, our tails intertwining. I lifted my head slightly, giving the omega an affectionate lick between the ears.

George giggled and snuggled himself deeper into my pelt. I pressed my muzzle against his cheek and he lifted his head and pressed his nose against mine.

I giggled and playfully cuffed his ear with my paw, this turned into a play fight, the room filled with playful barks, growls, and yelps.

"Ow!" George suddenly yelped.

I perked my ears instantly checking him for injuries. "I'm! I'm sorry are you okay?"

In an instant, George flung himself at my shoulder, all of his weight pressing against me, forcing me down on the sheets.

He leaned close to whisper in my ear. "Never let your guard down alpha."

My fur was hot with blush and embarrassment. I cannot believe I was bested by an omega, but I can't blame him, this is the first time he's seen an alpha be submissive.

He hopped off my shoulder (although I could have easily knocked him off) and jumped gracefully almost confidently off the bed. His tail swaying happily, almost like a cat.

I rolled my eyes at his sassiness, though it was cute, I was happy that his actual personality was beginning to show through the fear and trauma that built up over the years, I was proud.

I hopped off the bed and followed the smaller wolf, pressing my nose to his ear, making him let you a surprised yelp, I giggled and calmed him down.

I've never been this happy, I believe I have found my mate, but, maybe he doesn't feel the same way.

Large time skip: one month later:
I and George have been living together for a whole month and the recovery is still underway, George has been doing a lot better and no longer flinched to my touch, I was really happy about that.

"Hey, George!" I called, the happy omega trotted down the stairs smiling happily as he saw me.

"Yes?" He hummed.

"Two things, one breakfast is ready and two do you wanna go on a run with me?" I asked nervously as I handed him his plate.

A blush spread across his face as he took his plate and nodded. "Sure."

I smiled brightly and my tail wagged happily behind me. I took my plate and sat down at the table, eating my eggs and buttered toast happily. George sat next to me, sipping his milk as he leaned against my shoulder.

We quickly finish breakfast and our drinks before getting ready for our run. We both shifted into our full form, nuzzling each other before printing out the door, somehow closing the door behind us.

We weaved through the trees, dodging bushes and undergrowth as our paws thundered on the ground, our claws digging into the earth pushing us to go faster.

I leaped over a log, barking happily at the earth beneath my paws. I pushed myself to run at the same pace as George, he was fast and most likely had more stamina than I did, it was exhilarating and fun, I was so excited to be with him and just running. The feeling of the wind in my fur made me feel so free.

I cherished moments like these oh so dearly, I didn't weight being the elite alpha on my shoulders, all I had to worry about, was making sure not to run into any of the trees.

Soon, our stamina had depleted and we stopped at a nearby creek to drink. I greedily lapped at the water, George beside me doing the same. I flicked some of the icy cold water at him and he flinched away with a loud surprised gasp.

I laughed loudly, wheezing at his shocked expression, he growled and while I wasn't paying attention, he shoved me into the creek. I helped and shivered at the cold water that drenched my fur.

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that!" I growled playfully.

I quickly hopped out of the creek, grabbing George by his scruff and throwing him in the water, I followed, splashing the smaller able with water. The water wasn't too deep, seeing it was up to our bellies, well a little farther for George since he was smaller.

We splashed and chased each other through the water, barking and giggling with joy. Soon we lost all of our energy and got out, walking to a clearing not too far away. We stayed huddled close under the sun as it was just breaking noon.

"I'm gonna go and catch us a rabbit, stay here," I whispered in his ear.

He nodded and with a quiet "stay safe" I was off, I lifted my chin, parting my lips as I sniffed the air for any signs of rabbit near me. Soon the smell of rabbit filled my nose and I smirked with triumph.

I followed the scent and soon I found the fluffy creature, nibbling on a seed. I crouched, slowly stalking closer, I launched myself at the rabbit, enclosing my jaws around the smaller animal, throwing it further into my jaws before biting down, killing it with a satisfying crunch.

The rabbit's blood filled my mouth and I found it hard to not start tearing into the animal at that very moment. I quickly trotted back to George, seeing him smile at me made my heart flutter.

I set the rabbit down next to George and nudged it closer with my nose. He smiled and tore into the flesh of the rabbit, eating it greedily.

George ate about half of the rabbit before giving the rest to me, I buried the remains close by, making sure some of the ravens that had stopped by earlier got the scraps.

I went back to George, laying down next to him while pressing my muzzle gently against his cheek. He giggled in return, snuggling up close.

There was silence after that, but it was comfortable and neither of us wanted to break the calm atmosphere. But George seemed off like there was something on his mind, something that was leaving a burden on his chest and he couldn't find the words to get it off. I didn't push though, he'll talk when he's ready.

"Dream?" George finally spoke a moment later.

"Yes, George?" I hummed, trying to be gentle.

"I want to tell you about my past," he said. "About my mother."

Wc: 1219

Song: idgaf

Idk if I did this song or not but... Meh... 💙