(17)

Ponk POV:
I stared at the creek with a sad look in my eyes, I missed my friends. The sad part is that one fled and the other was killed. I huffed softly, I wanted to see if he was alive. But it's almost been a year now, and winter was rolling in and it was getting closer by the day.

"Ponk?" a low voice hummed nearby.

My ears perked and I looked behind me and smiled as my mate's scent filled my nose. He smiled back as he padded up close.

"whatcha doin' love?" he asked, kissing my cheeks. My tail wagged happily at the gesture.

"I was just looking," I murmured.

"were you thinking about George again?" he asked.

"I just wanna know if he's alive, he was one of my best friends I deserve to know if he's okay," I said, ears flicking.

"I understand that Ponk, but winter is rolling in fast, it won't be safe to travel," Sam murmured.

"then let's travel before the cold front! We can ask Alpha Dream if we could warm up if it gets to that point," I said, my tail wagging.

"I'm not sure, Alpha Dream is stubborn, he doesn't like random wolves popping up in his territory," Sam said thoughtfully.

I sighed, knowing he was right. But I need to know if he's okay, last I heard he was being tracked down by some betas and he got away, but that doesn't mean that he's alive.

Sam sighed. Shaking his head. "I'll pack my satchel," he muttered.

My tail wagged happily and I laughed with relief. "thank you, Sam! Thank you!"

"you're welcome Ponk, c'mon, let's get ready," Sam said.

Time skip:
Sam had his satchel packed and it had everything we needed, food, water, medical supplies, etcetera.

We left soon after, making sure not to draw attention to ourselves as we left the border. My paws felt the sting of cold but I could care less. We told no one that we were leaving. This is why we were surprised to see our Alpha and his beta at the creek as if they were waiting for us.

"Sam. Where are you and your omega going?" Schlatt growled.

"We're going to see my parents, you know, in Pack Snowchester?" Sam murmured.

My heart was beating hard with anxiety, hoping that Schaltt would understand and let us leave.

"Isn't Pack Snowchester north from here? Why are you going south?" Schlatt asked, a deep growl rumbling in his throat.

"they requested an herb that lies beyond the SMP pack territory, u wanted to go there first before going to Snowchester," Sam said.

"Fine. Be back by Spring," Schlatt growled, letting us by.

Something was off but surely they wouldn't deceive their own pack members right? Well, that's what I thought before we heard thundering paw steps and growls behind us.

My ears pinned back as I saw both betas and alphas behind us, their lips curling back into a snarl.

"Ponk RUN!"

Schlatt POV:
I watched as the two padded away, I knew they weren't going to Snowchester, Sam is a good liar, but not good enough.

"you're not just gonna let them go, are you, amigo? It's obvious Sam was lying," my Delta Quackity asked.

"of course not," I laughed.

And with a flick of my tail, the hidden betas and alphas ran past me, no one leaves alive.