(20)

Just a quick A/N and TW uhh. There is detailed gore and death in this chapter 😀 don't come for me, fore I am the king of angst (psst! I am not claiming that title, it's a joke, if you know someone who is better at angst than me, great! Don't comment about it or you WILL be muted kay? Kay.)

Dream POV:
The battle started an hour ago. My ear was chipped and I have a nasty scratch down my flank. But other than that I'm fine. I was fighting a beta that looked to only be a year or two older than Eli.

I grabbed the juvenile by his scruff and tossed him into a bush, he struggled but I pinned him down lightly, making sure to be gentle.

"Go home. This is no place for a toddler," I said sternly.

I released the juvie and he ran off, back into the depths of his own territory. I darted through the battlefield, looking for Schlatt.

An alpha jumped in front of me. He bared his teeth and his hackles raised and panting softly. His rain and oak wood scent surrounded me and I realized who he was.

"Cody, step out of my way," I snarled.

"No. I think you need to be taught your lesson, you've been alpha long enough," Cody smirked.

"I'll kill you, besides, even if you were to kill me, Sapnap would take over," I snarled, baring my fangs.

"Not before Schlatt kills your precious mate and pup," Cody cooed.

That statement alone made my sturdy structure faulter. "What."

"That's right, Dream, Schlatt isn't even in the territory, by now he's probably half way through your territory," Cody smirked.

"You snake. YOU SHOWED HIM WHERE WE WERE HIDING THE OMEGAS. HE KNEW WE WERE COMING BECAUSE OF YOU!" I screamed.

"Took you long enough to figure out, jesus christ you are slow," Cody laughed.

I turned to sprint back towards the border when Cody struck at me. Pinning me down by pressing his weight between my hackles.

"Ah ah ah, you aren't going anywhere, alpha," Cody sneered.

I swiveled my upper body, snapping my jaws around his paw and clawing into his under belly with my back legs.

Cody yelped with pain. I shoved my front paws into his flank, pushing him off of me. I jumped up and quickly sank my teeth into his neck, snarling loudly as the copper liquid filled my mouth.

I heard the other alpha below me, his throat making an awful gurgling noise as he choked on his own blood. I used my front paw to quickly move his head as I bit down harder on his neck, feeling the bones and tendons snap under my teeth.

I dropped the now dead male and turned and fled, telling Sapnap to keep the battle going without me. Please be okay, my flower.

George POV:
I was watching over the other omegas, Eli was following me around in his full form while I was in my half. I was currently talking to Holly as Iris played with Eli.

"I think these two will be very close when they grow up," Holly hummed, her tail flicking.

"I do too, hell, maybe they'll become mates in the future," I laughed.

Holly let out a huff-like chuckle and shook her head at my antics. We talked for a little while longer, before a familiar voice joined us.

"George, how are you doing, you've been working all day! You must be exhausted!" Ponk exclaimed.

"I am, but I'll rest later when I know that everything's okay," I said, smiling softly.

"You shouldn't put that much stress on yourself," Ponk murmured, worry swimming in his bright eyes.

"Don't worry, Ponk, I'm just doing my duty as Lunis, this will be over before you know it," I said optimistically.

A giggle made my ear flick. Iris was back over at Holly's side as Eli dashed out of the clearing and into the bushes.

"Eli, no!" I tried to call but it was too late, his little tail had disappeared through the undergrowth.

I groaned softly and shifted into my full form, shaking out my fur.

"Ponk, watch everyone for me while I go and get my pup," I muttered.

It wasn't that I was angry at Eli, I was just tired and frustrated. I went at a light canter into the bushes where my pup had slipped through. I followed his scent, God for such a little pup he can run fast.

I kept me senses alert, especially my smelling and hearing, in case I found any sign of my pup. All of a sudden, a loud Yelp of pain tore through the silence.

I panicked and darted towards the sound, my heart pounding. Oh please be okay please be okay, I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you!

I broke through a Bush and into a clearing, my eyes scanned for the small pup and I froze. Standing just in the shadows was a large male wolf. My pup hanging dead in his jaws.

His once beautiful blue eyes, once filled with joy and child-like wonder, were now dull and lifeless. Trails of blood trickled down his back where the alpha had torn the skin with his teeth, and from his mouth from internal bleeding of some kind.

I let out a loud shriek of grief as the alpha dropped the pup. And as he stepped into the moonlight I finally recognized him. Fucking Schlatt.

"WHY!? YOU HAVE TORMENTED ME MY ENTIRE LIFE. WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE GIVEN ME ONE THING TO LET ME BE HAPPY!?" I cried, running to my pup and starting to lick his wounds.

"Because, I couldn't just let my son run off like that," Schlatt cooed.

"S-son?" I stuttered.

"That's right George, I mated with your mother, you were the only pup she gave me, what a shame," Schlatt shook his head. "But that doesn't matter now, because tonight, just like that 'pup' of yours, you will die."

I curled up around my pup, just accepting my fate. It was never meant to be. I felt his shadow loom over me, I whimpered and waited for him to sink his teeth into my skin. I was never meant to be happy, maybe in the afterlifeni can run and play with Eli in sun bathed fields and we can be happy there.

Oh but what about Dream? He'd be left here all alone, grieving over the loss of his mate and child. But then the grief will pass and he'll find another mate, maybe he'd be happier with them instead.

"Bye bye, Georgie," Schlatt sneered.

All of a sudden, another wolf burst into the clearing, snarling and snapping his jaws at the other alpha.

I recognize Dream's large timber wolf, snarling and standing in front of me. I watched in utter horror as the alpha's fought. This reminded me of when Dream fought Cody, but this time, I couldn't look away.

Dream had Schlatt pinned with his teeth sunk into his neck. All I heard was the sound of gurgling and I saw blood as it spilled from Dream and Schlatt.

Soon though, Dream released the other male and he limped off into the forest, his tail hanging low, I doubt he'd make it through the night.

"George! Please tell me you and Eli are okay!" Dream cried running over to me.

"I'm fine... b-but Dream, I'm so sorry, I tried to get him, I tried to get him back but I... I failed him... and I failed you," I sobbed, tears falling off my muzzle and jaw.

"George, what are you talking about?" Dream asked, licking the tears away.

I moved out of the way so he could see the corpse that was oh so close to my stomach. The body was so small, and the night air had already turned it cold.

Dream's eyes widened and tears started to slip down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry!" I sobbed harshly.

We held eye contact for a moment before Dream snapped his head up and let out a grief stricken howl. Our son.... was dead.

Wc: 1372

Song: Arieals System Of A Down

So uhh. Hi... I'm so sorry TwT

𝕊𝕠𝕝💙