13

"Going for a walk, Mom!" Marsh yelled, walking out the door. He stepped out and kicked a pebble, running down the stairs and looking at his feet with his hands in his khaki short's pockets.

He turned down the street, pondering on what to do now. He pulled out his earbuds and phone out of his pocket, and listened to music as he walked. It was all really kind of sad. But that was all he felt lately. Sad, depressed, numb. He didn't want to do anything.

Marsh reached the end of his path, turning back around, thinking of what he'd do when her got back home. When he did, he called out to his parents, telling them he was back, but there wasn't a response.

"Mooom? Daaad?" He called, scared.

He went to their room., and saw his dad lying motionless on the bed, his mother nowhere to be seen. There was a giant, missing window, shattered all over the room.

"No... No, no, no!" He yelled, running into his room, and called the authorities in a panic. When they showed up, he was in tears. He'd already had a hard time leaving Emrie, and now this? The sirens spread everywhere. Ambulance, firefighters, cops. They were all there.

Out of nowhere, the chief of the situation got a call. Marsh, being nosy and curious, stood around the corner listening in. Little did he know what was coming.

"Oh, hello Callie! You have Emrie Lucas there? Great. That's amazing. I already know where you live so we don't have to go through that, hon. And uh, is she going by any other names? We'll have to ask her in the interrogation." There was a pause, and some scratching on paper.

"Ok, great. They'll have that sum handed to us after they get her. We'll be over there after this case is done."

Marsh ran back to his room, thinking about all he had just heard, and the signs up all over about Emrie.

"Someone has her," He thought, "And they must not live too far off of the city, considering the officer called the other person 'hon'."

He got up and left his room, sneaking past everyone, not wanting anything to do with the current situation. He ran out the doors and thought about how the whole thing would be put in the news, and he'd be sent back to the orphanage, without Emrie.

"If I get sent back to the orphanage and Emrie finds out, she'd head back, but not before the officers find her. Then she'd be held captive until the whole interrogation for whatever she did, and possibly even court. Or until Marinette gets her out of that. But if I find her and we both run, we could possibly reach the orphanage and still be together, wanted or not." Marsh thought aloud.

He walked a long length of the city, to a nearby forest, and found tracks in the mud. Curious, he followed them to a barn-like house in the middle of a clearing. He was going to turn around and head back, but a dog started barking loudly.

"Crap!" Marsh yelled.