Chapter 4: Silly girl

They've been sitting there admiring the sunset for only a few minutes, but Luffy just won't shut up. She's been telling him a lot of things about her life. She's quite energetic for a girl her age.. though he's not sure of what exactly her age is.

He usually isn't interested in other people's lives, but surprisingly, it doesn't bother him listening to the girl's stories, despite her loud, unique laugh.

He almost knows about the girl's life in the town. He also noticed that she just loves to include the names of her friends when she's talking, as if the other person she's talking to knows who her friends are.

It's quite new that Law remembers the names she's always mentioning, like Zoro, who, according to Luffy, is a man who doesn't have a sense of direction and a swordsman. Sanji who makes delicious food. Franky, who makes amazing robots. Usopp, a liar. Brook, who loves to sing, and Nami, who loves money. Law thought that Luffy had an unusual set of friends.

What interests him most is the other two friends Luffy mentioned. Chopper, a little boy who likes to collect herbal medicines, and Robin, an archaeologist who travels the world for adventure. He also knew two people with the same names and description. Is it possible that they're just the same person? Law dropped the idea because it might just be coincidental. There are so many people in the world with the same characteristics and names.

Law almost loses his composure when Luffy suddenly gets close to him, examining his face. He needed to bear in mind that the girl doesn't have the word 'personal space' in her dictionary.

"Say Torao, I am already familiar with most of the people here. But I only saw you today. Are you new here?" Luffy asked Law curiously.

Law pushes the girl lightly away from him.

"Yes," he replied.

"Where do you live? Can I visit you some other time?" Luffy asks, hopefully.

He can't stop staring at the girl's cute face. Her big, round eyes were sparkling, almost begging him. He is tempted to consider her offer, but he can't. He doesn't want to have any attachments to people. Especially to a childish girl like her.

"Let's get you home. It's getting dark."

Law stood up ready to leave when Luffy suddenly hugs his legs to stop him from leaving.

"Ehhh? But I still want to talk with you!" Luffy tantrums like a kid.

Law's not sure how old Luffy is, but as he's seeing now, he comes to the conclusion that she... is a child.

He removed her hands from his legs and offered his hands to help Luffy stand up.

Luffy only stared at his hand and pouted.

Law sighs.

"Come on, your parents might be looking for you."

Still, Luffy didn't move.

"I don't want to!"

Law doesn't know what to do. He isn't ready to babysit. If this is other people, he might have left her already. But this isn't the case with Luffy. He's not heartless enough to leave a small girl like her somewhere in the forest alone.

A few seconds passed, and Luffy's stomach growled.

Law smirked.

"Are we going to stay here for the night? Fine by me." Law said teasingly.

Luffy shockingly looks at him. She can't stay for the whole night. Although it might be a good idea because she wants to be with Law longer, but she's really hungry.

Law is amused seeing Luffy's face confused of what to do.

"But it's really unfortunate. I had some food left in my car, and I haven't eaten a single piece-"

"Let's find your car!" Luffy interrupted him.

Law pursed his lips.

"But I'm not going home yet. I'll just eat your food in your car!"

'So it's her weakness. Food.' Law thought in the back of his mind.

Luffy stood up, placed her Strawhat on her head and walked past him. She walks fast despite the short legs she has.
He quickened his pace to catch up with her.

Law almost bumped into her when Luffy suddenly stopped and faced him. He nearly fell over in her abrupt stop.

"What?" Law asked.

"Torao, lead the way. I don't know where your car is."

Law shoved his hands in his pocket and walked past her. He didn't know why he was taking orders from a girl who was probably a lot of years younger than him.

_

Law lay down on his bed when he arrived at his father's mansion, massaging his temples. So many things happened to him that day, but he didn't feel exhausted at all. Maybe it's because his body absorbed fresh air.

He just finished bathing, and he's resting a little, his gaze is at the ceiling. He wanted to sleep but his mind was wandering off somewhere. He can't stop thinking about Luffy. After they arrived at his car earlier, the girl ate all of the food he brought from the city. He can't believe how a small girl like her has such a large appetite. He doesn't know how she digests all of the food she eats through her small body.

After she's eaten all of the food. Law offered to drive Luffy to their house, but she declined saying she was staying with her brothers tonight, which is why he dropped Luffy off on the street she told him. She won't let Law drop her off at the house entrance because she told Law that her brothers would kill her if they find out she just got home.

He's a little worried because Law thought her brothers arye those types of people who beat up their younger siblings, but Luffy assures him she's going to be fine.

Still, He's worried. Tsk. Why is he even thinking about the little girl? He doesn't have anything to do with her.

"Silly girl." Law said out loud.

"Who?"

Law shifted from his bed and directed his gaze at the woman standing at his door.