Chapter 5: Her name is Luffy

There he saw his elder sister leaning against the door of his room, crossed arms.

Law ignored her and covered himself with a blanket.

He heard the sound of her heels coming closer. 'Damn it, I forgot to lock the door.' Law said in his thoughts.

"Come on, baby brother, who's this lucky girl you are thinking about? You didn't even notice I entered your room. You're really in your deep thoughts, aren't you?" She said teasingly.

"Leave me alone, Monet."

"How cold of you. I just wanted to welcome you back."

Law removed the blanket from his face and looked at his sister comfortably sitting at the side of his bed.

She's wearing a green fitted dress, a few inches shorter above her knee, revealing her legs. He also noticed her long green hair. Since they were kids, she always loved to dress herself up, and he doesn't know if she developed an obsession with anything colored green with those years they were apart.

She's smiling at him warmly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to welcome you earlier. I thought you'd be coming back together with Dad. I was surprised you arrived by yourself today."

Law and Monet never get along well since they were kids. She loves teasing Law, and Law is always annoyed by her. They never really had a peaceful moment around each other. That's why Law feels weird about the warm behavior his sister is giving him. But none of that matters to Law now, they were both immature in the past.

"I don't need your welcome. You can leave now." Law said coldly.

"Don't be like that. It's been a while. Why don't we catch up a little bit?"

Law gives him an irritating look. Monet laughs a little.

"Okay, okay. I won't bother you now. I know you're tired... of thinking about your girlfriend." Monet teasingly said.

"Fuck off."

"I'm just kidding! You're more hotheaded now, don't you know that? You look old! Look at you. Are you really my younger brother? You can pass as my grandfather!"

Monet's laughter rang out throughout the room.

"Tsk. You did look younger, but your mind hasn't aged. Still immature as ever. Old hag." Law teases back.

"Hey! How could you say that to your elder sister? Pay me some respect!" Monet dramatically said.

Law can't believe his 28-year-old sister's actions.

"I'm sorry. Grandma."

Law felt a slight pain in his arms where Monet slapped them.

"You meanie." Monet defeatingly pouted.

"But anyway, I'm glad you're back. Law."

Monet gives him a small smile.

Law isn't ready for what she suddenly said. He thought, all his life, Monet had been angry with him.

Growing up, he didn't fail to notice their parents' unequal treatment of them.

Corazon treated Monet differently than him and Lami. Their mother has special treatment for them, but her affection for Monet is lesser.
He understands it actually, it's because Monet was his father's daughter from his first wife. They're only half siblings.

Law understands that maybe he treats Monet differently because she lacks the attention she's receiving from their mother. But Law couldn't understand their parents' reason for doing so. Why won't they just treat their children equally?

Even so, it is one of the reasons why Law grew up a bit problematic and rebellious in his teenage years. Because of his family environment.

"What are you doing here in Dressrosa? I thought they already banned us from this place." Law asked.

Monet gave a half shrug.

"Well, you see... many things changed, Law. I've been living here for about a year now, I'm managing few of Dad's lands here in Dressrosa." Monet said meaningfully.

There was a minute of silence before Law spoke again.

"I am not staying for good." Law replies.

Monet gave a reassuring smile.

"I know. Still, I want to make it up to you. I am sorry, I couldn't do anything to help you back then."

Monet's smile vanished and her tears started to drop.

Law doesn't know what to do. He's just looking at her.

"Don't mind me. I am just too happy to see you well." Monet wiped her tears and ruffled his hair.

"Alright. I won't bother you anymore. Rest well. Goodnight. "

She stood up and walked into the door. She stopped and looked at him one more time to give him another reassuring smile before she closed the door.

Law just sits there. Thinking about what just happened.

His sister apologized.

He hasn't heard it wrong. He didn't imagine that a day like this would come. He thought they would fight against each other for the rest of their lives, but he was wrong.

Certainly wrong.

Time has changed. People moved on.
But he just can't.

He'll never accept the fact that his mother killed herself because of his father. His sister died because of his father's irresponsibility.

That's the last thing he can't accept.

_

It's a nice day at the Donquixote mansion. Law's family are having a picnic in the garden of their mansion.

A 17-year-old Law is playing with his little sister at their little playground.

Corazon watches them lovingly.

Law has no idea, but he wanted the time to stop. To stay like that with his family forever.

"Law, my son, you should live your life." His mother suddenly said out of the blue.

"What do you mean, mom? I'm living my life. "

Corazon shook her head.

"No, you are not living. You're living physically, but you are dead on the inside. "

Law didn't understand what his mother meant.

She touched his cheek, but he couldn't feel the warmth he used to feel when she was holding him.

He held on to her hand, but he couldn't feel anything.

"Law. Listen to me. "

Law focuses his gaze on his mother.

"Live your life happily. Open up your heart again. Me and Lami are now happy together. I want you to be happy as well. "

Law couldn't talk. He suddenly remembers that his mom and sister are gone.

He looked at his mother and sister, smiling happily at him. He then realized that he was dreaming.

He held on tight to his mother and little sister's hands.

"I want to be happy. Together with the both of you. Please don't leave me. Mom. Lami." Law pleaded.

Corazon shook her head one last time. They are vanishing.

"Mom!" He called out.

"Torao!"

He heard a familiar, high-pitched voice of a girl.

He looked at his side and noticed the familiar girl he had just met earlier.

She's smiling widely at him, holding his hand tightly. He can't remember what the girl's name was. But she really looks familiar.

"Let's go over there!"

The girl pointed somewhere. He hesitated to go. What about his mom? and Lami?

"Torao?"

He looked at the little girl once again.
He remembers her now. Luffy. Her name is Luffy.

"Trafalgar Law, Wake up!"