Chapter 7: Unfair

Law stopped typing when he heard what Luffy said. She's looking directly at his tattooed hands with her usual amazed face.

He felt his face heated. That was so sudden!

Never in his entire life did he get shy about receiving compliments. He usually receives those with the girl doctors in the hospital and in the bar where Sachi, Penguin, and Bepo take him.

To hide his embarrassment, he scratches the back of his neck while his other hand closes his laptop.

"Ne. Torao, I want to have some tattoos too. Do you think it will suit me?" She asked curiously.

"Don't ever think about it," Law said.

He can't imagine the girl having tattoos. It doesn't look right. Besides, his tattoos are the fruit of his impulsiveness during his teenage years. But he hasn't regretted having them either.

Luffy pouted.

"Does it really look so bad on me to have one?"

"Yes," Law directly answered.

Luffy laid down beside him, probably getting tired of watching him typing something she didn't understand.

"You know, my brother Ace, he also has some tattoos on his body. He's got a big one on his back and English letters on his arms."

Law's perception of his brothers worsened. He now believes that her brothers are some sort of hoodlums. But who is he to judge? He himself also has lots of tattoos that make people think he's a member of a yakuza or a gang.

"I think tattoos really look cool!"

She's just talking like that for an hour. Law replies occasionally, but most of the time, Luffy does the talking.

_

As the days passed, Law kept visiting the pond. It was mainly to read books and to feel the refreshing vibe of the place, but as the days passed, he was looking forward to seeing Luffy waiting for him under the tree. He's somehow used to the girl's bubbly and outgoing personality. He's entertained by her stories. He likes how the girl's eyes sparkle when she's telling him about the "cool" things that happened to her before. They are much closer now that Law has earned the right to bonk her head at times. He's even familiar with some of her weird personalities. She's not also protesting that much about him calling her chibi.

Today is another normal day for the two of them.

Law is reading a medical book while Luffy is laying down on the grass beside him. Her Strawhat is placed on her face to hide it from the bright sunlight.

Law noticed that Luffy always wore the hat and he never saw the girl without it, not even once. It's an old, unfashionable Strawhat and he's curious about why she's even wearing it. One time, Law picked the hat to where she placed it, and Luffy suddenly grabbed the hat away from him. That's why he's thinking that it has some sort of sentimental value for her.

Earlier, Luffy was telling him about her particular experience in school, but a few minutes passed and she's now silent. He's even done reading his book but the girl is still quiet.

Law glanced at Luffy.

"Chibi-ya?" He called.

The girl didn't answer.

He removed the Strawhat on her face. There he saw the girl peacefully sleeping.

He watches her breathing softly.

This is the second time he will take a good look at her small face.

'Well... she's cute.' Law thought.

He can't help but notice her long eyebrows, down to her small pointed nose, her small pink lips. He gulped. He suddenly felt his heart racing faster in his ribcage.

He looked away when the girl yawned and opened her eyes.

'What was that?' Law questioned himself as he was distancing himself from Luffy.

He turned to see the girl as she sat down, and just like the first time they met, she cutely scratched her eyes.

"Oh. I slept."

"Yes, wipe down your drool." Law teased.

"Oh, sorry about that!"

Luffy who doesn't have any idea wiped an imaginary saliva at the side of her mouth.

Law almost laughed at the sight. But he chooses to calm himself.

"Torao, I'm hungry." Luffy complained while rubbing her tummy.

Law stared at her blankly.

"You're always hungry."

Luffy pouted. She knows that when she does that, no one can ever say no to her.

"Fine. What do you want to eat?" Law asked.

"Meat!" Luffy happily shouts, stands up and walks away, leaving Law, who's killing himself mentally for even asking such a stupid question.

_

They didn't use Law's car today, and they just walked the streets of the town to look for whatever kind of meat Luffy wanted to eat.

Law didn't have many memories, being in the town because of the very little time he spent in it when he was little. He's not that familiar with the place except for the particular spot in the forest and their mansion.

Law was surprised to find out that almost everyone in town knew Luffy, even the elderly greeted her as they passed by their shops.

"Torao! I want to eat takoyaki." Luffy said, pointing to a vendor who's selling the food she mentioned.

"Suit yourself."

He paid for everything she ate, and there he realized that his bank account would probably run out in a month if he continued to feed someone like Luffy, who has a black hole in her stomach.

They just roamed around the town for the rest of the day. Law was exhausted from looking after Luffy, who was still full of energy.

It was 4 in the afternoon when Luffy brought Law to the park. He's just sitting on a bench while watching Luffy play with the children. It's a calming sight to see how she gets along with children well.

Law never liked children, he thought they were annoying and only knew how to cry. The only kid he gets along with is his little sister. It's just fair because children never liked him either. That's why it's an advantage for him to be a surgeon rather than a normal doctor. He didn't have to woe kids when he was going to give a shot. Or when it's needed, he gives the job to the nurses.

"Toraooooo~"

Law almost had a heart attack when Luffy whispered in his ears.

"What is it, Chibi-ya?"

"I have been calling you a few times already, but you're not answering. What are you thinking about?"

Luffy asked and sat down beside him on the bench.

"Nothing much."

"Hmp. Unfair."

Law looked at the girl pouting while watching the children playing. The sun is kissing her creamy skin. He was mesmerized by the very beautiful view.

"What do you mean?"

Luffy turned to look at him, still pouting.

"Torao, you're unfair."

Law leaned on the bench, tilting his head to fully see the cute little ball of sunshine pouting.

"I am?"

Luffy nodded.

"Why is that?"

"You never shared anything about yourself. I can see many emotions in your eyes, but you wouldn't tell me about them. I want to know you more..."