Chapter 13: Annoyance

There was a minute of silence between the two after what she said.

"Hammock made you dance earlier in front of the class?! I bet you look really funny dancing! I wish i could have seen it myself!"

"Senpai, let's not talk about it anymore. That was really embarrassing!"

Law and Hancock's attention was caught by Luffy's loud laughters. The other two girls were laughing as well but more careful not to make any loud noises unlike Luffy who's laughing her heart out with her hands on her stomach. While the boy was hiding his face with his palms, his ears are so red looking so embarrassed.

Hancock let out a chuckle before she turned her attention to Law again.

"I was thinking maybe it was just because of the healthy competition we had that's keeping me going, i lost interest in medicine soon after you left."

"You've lost interest?" Law asked.

There were really instances that people would go through things like that but he didn't expect she would become one of those people.

"That's right." Hancock nodded.

"To tell you the truth, I really envied you back then, because you are sure of what you wanted to do, what your goals are and what your plans are in the future..." "...while me on the other hand, was just another persistent girl who wasn't even sure if what she was pursuing was right."

Law was surprised, he didn't know she'd been struggling that time.

"I met Luffy soon after you left, it might sound funny but she made me realize things." She smiled.

"Chi- I mean, Luffy-ya?" Law asked curiously.

Hancock just smiled at how cute he's calling Luffy but decided not to voice it out and just continued talking.

"Yes, she was one of my dad's students back when he was still teaching. She brought her along at home once because she failed his subject, damn she couldn't even solve a single math problem!" she laughed.

'That's not surprising.' Law thought.

"Despite that, i was wondering why she was my dad's favorite among all of his students. But now i completely understand why. I won't tell you the reason why though. Find it out yourself." she smiled gently.

Law is well acquainted with Hancock's father. Rayleigh. He's one of those few people he respects. And Hancock is a person who's hard to please and picky when it comes to people, and now he knows that both Rayleigh and Hancock are so fond of Luffy.

Law glanced at where Luffy was, she's still laughing loudly. Luffy is really something, she never fails to amaze him.

"Isn't it your dream to work abroad? Did that change as well?" he changed the topic, before the woman noticed that Law himself is now fond of Luffy too.

"I can go abroad whenever i want, but i still like it here in this little town. Luffy is here after all." She shrugged.

"You seem to like Luffy-ya a lot, Sensei." He said mockingly.

"Oh, that's an understatement Trafalgar, if she's a boy i would've married her!" She exclaimed.

Law almost laughs at her ridiculous statement.

"Do you have a thing for girls?" Law jokingly asked trying to ride the joke.

"So what if i am? You have a problem with that?" Hancock eyed him with an indecipherable expression.

Law didn't know how to react. He wasn't expecting that kind of response! He thought she was just saying that to tease him.

"Are you serious?"

ORANGE | LawLuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें