Chapter 19: Will you go out with me?

They stood there with Law embracing Luffy who was sleeping peacefully in his shoulder. He didn't move an inch. For now... He just wanted to hold her in his arms for a little bit longer.

Law was just staring at the night sky, his gaze fixated on the canopy of stars above them.

He felt her arms involuntarily climbed up at Law's chest and held on tight to his shoulders, unconsciously clutching at his clothes. Feeling the younger one's warmth in his chest. Her soft sigh and her little hiccups. Her thin little body he can wrap one arm around. The warmth of her breath against his ear. The feeling of her heart beating. All this fit perfectly in his arms.

The thoughts whirling around in his head had become clearer..

He felt Luffy move and attempted to let go of his embrace but he's still holding her waist firmly, enough not to hurt her.

"Don't move so much Chibi-ya, you'll fall." A growl sounded from Law's throat as he pulled Luffy closer.

She's now looking at him with a confused expression with her cheeks flushing red. Her eyes are red from crying so much but it just added to her adorable appearance.

Law just thought. 'How are you still so pretty in the midst of it all.. and after crying?'

Law snapped on his thoughts when Luffy huffs.

"I hate you... Torao. hicc." Luffy said in a wobbly voice. Guilt seared through him and he wanted to punch himself for being a big jerk that he was but he wanted to do something. He knew that the girl was a bit drunk and her entire system is way more honest than her sober state that's why he wanted to tease her a little and see if he'd figure out something out of her.

"Why do you hate me? Hmm?" He asked with his lips perked up.

"I won't tell Torao." She crossed her arms and sniffed that made Law chuckle but he was taken aback when the teens eyes slowly watered and started to cry again. He panicked for a second and didn't know what to do and just cupped her small face and wiped the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Hey, alright, it's all my fault. I'm a bad guy okay? Don't cry." He soothed the crying little raven but she's just hitting his arms. He just let her be and continued consoling her.

Another small limpy hit his chest and finally stopped. She wanted to stop crying and saying hurtful words to Law because she's afraid he might leave her again, but she couldn't stop herself, she feels like letting all her thoughts out today she couldn't control her own mouth, as if it has its own mind and it's trying to point out something.

"I hate you so much, Torao...hicc. You should take responsibility for hurting my feelings hicc."

There... she finally said it. She cowered and bit her lip, she felt a little embarrassed. She doesn't want to look at Law.

There was a minute of silence when she felt Law lifted her chin.

His pair of gray eyes are staring straight into her eyes with gentleness. Her heart started to pound. His gaze made her knees grow weak, thankfully Law was supporting her entire body to stand or she would've fallen on her knees.

Her gaze made it into his lips that suddenly parted as if trying to say something.

"In any case, I'll take responsibility." He said in a hoarse voice.

Her gaze went back into his eyes and blinked, trying to process what he had said.

"What?" She asked all confused.

Law laughs lightly as if the situation is so much amusing, but it only adds to Luffy's attraction to the man. Seeing him laugh is always a new thing to her, she's not even sure if it's because she's drunk that she's already seeing things but it doesn't matter anymore.

"Damn. I was supposed to say this when you sobered up tomorrow but..." He said huskily and brought his face closer to the confused raven in front of him and stopped at the right side of her ears.

"I think i really like this innocent fool so much." He whispered.

The hot breath in Law's mouth made Luffy quivered. She felt all of her blood rushed into her face and her heart was pounding like crazy.

"T-Torao..." She didn't know what to say. She's not sure if she's hearing things or not, the happenings are just too much for her to digest.

Law just smiled at her, he could easily read what was on her mind because her face says it all. He's well aware that the innocent drunkard in front of him is all confused about what's happening that's why he was supposed to confess when she's all sobered up but he couldn't stop himself.

Luffy was starting to cry again, she's been biting her bottomlip to suppress her sobs and seeing her in that state made Law feel worse.

"I know you're confused right now, and you're thinking if all of this is real, but if you ever forget about what I'll say tonight I'll still tell you again tomorrow..." Law stops and gulps before continuing.

"Luffy-ya, I'm so sorry for leaving. I tried so hard to stop my feelings for you. This is all new to me and i think that having these feelings is unnecessary because this has never crossed my mind. I mean, being intimate with someone and such. That's why i thought that I'll forget about you eventually if i stop seeing you but... I couldn't stand it. Not seeing you in just a few days is hellish."

He looked at Luffy with bloodshot eyes and brought her right hand into his lips.

He kissed her hand and begged.

"When you're done being upset, will you go out with me?"