Chapter 12: An Acquaintance

Law and Luffy have been hanging out for quite a while now but she's still wondering why the guy has been refusing her offer to be friends with her. She never had a hard time making friends with anyone before. Law was different among all the friends Luffy has anyway. He is a challenge to her that's why she's so happy just by being aknowledge by him.

'Did I hear it right? Torao and i are friends now?'

Luffy couldn't contain the happiness she's feeling, she wanted to jump for joy. She's over the moon with her thoughts that she hasn't noticed she's been smiling a lot.

Law on the other hand was clueless on why the girl was smiling like she just completed a hard quest in a game.

The woman raised a brow and eyed Law suspiciously.

"I can see that anyone could become Luffy's friend irrespective of age." she said with a hint of sarcasm.

Law wasn't sure of what to feel by the woman's statement. He felt a slight annoyance but he didn't ponder on it for too long.

"I am Boa Hancock, one of Luffy-chan's personal tutors and.. 'friend'."

The woman's voice was firm and full of conviction like she's implying that she's not just a friend to Luffy. He's not sure but he felt like the stares she's giving him were like those that can pierce a human alive.

"Well anyway, let's get inside, we have so many things to talk about..." She paused and gently looked at Luffy.

"...Luffy." She continued.

Her words were threatening but when she mentioned Luffy's name it's like she became gentle or was it just his imagination?

When they entered the classroom, there were only about 8 to 10 students inside. All of them are waving at Luffy like they just saw an angel that could save them from their miseries.

Hancock dismissed the class which made the students leave the classroom aside from the three that remained seated on their seat, the roaster head boy Luffy called Barto earlier, a short haired girl and a pink haired girl. The three of them are whispering about something in their seats.

Luffy and Law are seated across the teacher's table. Law was thinking what the hell is he doing there. He felt like he was a parent being summoned because his child did something wrong.

He's not even sure if he would be worried that the teacher might scold Luffy or not because of the conversation the two are having in front of him.

"I'm telling you the truth Hammock! I was really busy, that's why i couldn't make it to your classes these past few days." Luffy complained.

Law doesn't know where this audacity of Luffy is coming from, talking to her teacher like that, it's like she's just talking to a close friend. What is he's expecting anyway, when they first met Luffy was also talking with him casually like they were just some normal friends who haven't met for years. She's not also pronouncing the teacher's name properly, it's like it's already a habit of her not to make a little effort to pronounce names correctly but she doesn't seem to mind it.

"Is that so?" Hancock put her hands in her chin, like she's already used to this situation.

Luffy nodded several times.

Law is sure that Hancock doesn't buy Luffy's words but he almost curses when she lets out a sigh completely defeated by Luffy's obviously lame excuse.

"Alright. I will let this pass, but not next time."

"Really?! Thank you Hammock!" Luffy smiles at woman in front of her.

While Law was just staring at the two girls in front of him. He can't believe what just transpired in front of him. How could they talk casually like that? The woman seems to have a strict personality but she's like softening when it comes to Luffy.