Chapter 14: Unsure

Law woke up late the next morning, if one could call it that, since he only slept a wink after he sent Luffy home. Yesterday, he met Luffy's relatives. Her uncle, Shanks and his wife Makino who owns the flower shop they stopped by yesterday. Turns out, Luffy is living alternatively with her brothers and uncle. She's fond of her aunt Makino that's why she's still staying with them when her brothers are not home. Makino was a calm and collected woman which is the exact opposite of his husband Shanks. He doesn't want to remember how he had a hard time dealing with the red head yesterday. He barely came home alive because of the interrogation the red haired done with him.

But that's not really the reason why he had trouble sleeping. He wracked his brain all night thinking about his growing feelings with Luffy. He convinced himself that he's just confused. He never felt something like this before that's why he's not sure what his feelings are.

'There's no way i have feelings for her, my brain is just confused because i saw her more often recently. This will pass if i don't see her for a few days.'

He remembered mumbling before drifting off to sleep 4 am in the morning.

_

"Ah. What am i doing here... again?"

Law got off his car and stood up at the same forest he's been visiting for the past two weeks.

He was supposed to stay at home and read his medical books that day and not visit the pond but he felt suffocated by the silence in his room that his head began to hurt. There's just one place he's supposed to be to ease that pain.

'Right. I need to absorb fresh air to calm my nerves. It's not like I'm here to meet that chibi.'

"Dammit. This is childish." He groaned.

He erased the thought on his head and began to walk towards where the pond is, he could only hear the birds chirping and the sound of his footsteps. He could feel the hot summer breeze hitting his skin.

As he got closer to the pond, his heart began to beat frantically.

'Am i excited? What's there to be excited about?' Law thought.

After a few steps Law finally saw the same tree where Luffy and him used as a shelter from the sunlight.

There's no one there. No trace of the cheery little girl who's always sitting there early in the morning, pouting because he's always late to arrive. He felt a little disappointed but at the same time, he's also relieved that he's not going to worry about how he'll face her. He's in an abnormal state and he would appreciate it if he's not going to see her for a day or two.

"Toraooooo!"

'Geez. I can even hear her annoying voice in my mind.'

"Hey!"

He heard the voice one more time. Then his eyes widened..

"Don't tell me..."

He turned around and almost lost his balance when Luffy suddenly jumped into him, her hands clasped into his neck giving him a tight squeeze that he couldn't almost breath.

"Jesus christ. Chibi-ya!" He gasped with feigned shock.

He was surprised by the sudden action that Luffy almost fell on the ground, it's all thanks to his fast reflexes that he quickly held Luffy's waist to prevent her from falling.

Luffy gives off her unique chuckle.

"Shishishi. Torao, what are you thinking about that you didn't hear me calling you again?"

He looked down at the sight of the teenager who has a wide grin plastered on her face staring at him directly. 'Even in my embrace, she's still so small.' He thought. They're so close to each other that he could smell her sweet scent. Come to think of it, maybe it's not just the place that's giving off a calming vibe to the young surgeon, maybe it is also because of Luffy. Luffy always carried such a relaxing fragrance to him. Even by now, he's feeling better just by smelling her familiar scent.